3551 Lawrenceville Road Trenton, NJ 08648 US
Target Pay Rate: 45-62.86/hr **salary will be commensurate with experience
The Clinical Trial Business Partnering (CTBP) department is focused on executing the business’ sourcing strategy across all phases of R&D development operations. This group applies a common framework to drive efficient, consistent and compliant processes for vendor relationship and management of client's major clinical service providers. Serving as a bridge between client's clinical teams and external services providers, the Vendor & Outsourcing Management group within CTBP is responsible for building the appropriate in-house management/oversight structure and mechanisms, while driving the external collaboration with clinical service providers in effort to yield a multitude of innovative ideas to deliver on client's goals.
This position reports to the Director of Global Outsourcing Management. As an integral member of CTBP, the Outsourcing Manager is the process gatekeeper and expert related to outsourcing processes. The Outsourcing Manager will be asked to efficiently and independently perform the duties and responsibilities for this role as outlined below:
- Provide operational expertise and strategic leadership, support, guidance and training to teams on all aspects of outsourced work
- Ensure alignment of teams to the related client outsourcing strategies
- Drive outsourcing activities by interfacing with operational teams, support groups and service providers for successful selection, contracting and execution of outsourced studies while ensuring compliance with regulatory standards, ethical practices, outsourcing and procurement policies and procedures
- Degree in Legal, Life science, Business Administration or equivalent. Advanced degree a plus.
- Clinical development experience of 3 to 5 years required, with Scientific, Financial and Project management experience desired
- Experience interacting with a wide range of suppliers (e.g., Contract Research Organizations, Cooperative groups, Clinical laboratories, Core laboratories including ECG and Imaging service providers): initiating, negotiating and executing legal and/or financial agreements in the clinical trials environment- biotech or pharmaceutical industry
- Proven experience in managing key internal and external stakeholders effectively by frequently soliciting input and gathering and incorporating feedback into processes as appropriate
- Effective management of cross-functional, multi-cultural teams and demonstrated ability to work and influence within a matrix structure
- Proven time management skills and ability to be flexible to meet job demands and take on new initiatives and improvement efforts
- Ability to sustain high levels of performance in a constantly changing environment.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.