Packaging Engineer II
6135 Gunbarrel Avenue Boulder, CO 80301 US
Pay 50-60/h depending on experience
The Packaging Engineer II purpose is to create and innovate packaging of new products/processes and lead their implementation in multiple manufacturing facilities. Additionally the Senior Packaging Engineer will lead projects in the areas of cost reductions, identification and procurement of new packaging machinery, and packaging documentation.
- Identify and lead cost reduction opportunities (>$100K) in regards to Packaging.
- Provide technical support and training to manufacturing in regards to packaging systems and machinery.
- Prepare packaging validation protocols and reports to support packaging changes.
- Perform packaging validation testing to support changes.
- Lead material qualifications for packaging changes such as resin material changes.
- Create and update packaging specifications for manufacturing.
- Assist in artwork creation and revisions for product packaging.
- Operate various testing apparatus in qualifying packaging changes.
- Create sterilization pallet patterns as well as non-sterile pallet patterns for manufacturing locations.
- Ensure on time delivery to Project Engineering and R&D schedules and plans.
- Prepares monthly progress reports on projects.
- Provides work direction to lab technicians as required.
- Assists in mentoring of junior engineers
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC/NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Conduct review meetings with multiple facilities regarding packaging issues.
- Provide support to various departments such as R&D regarding packaging issues.
- Create and update packaging specifications for documentation.
- Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience
- Bachelor degree
To be considered for this role, please ensure the minimum requirements are evident on your resume.
Nice to Have
Specialized Knowledge or Skills Required
- Core Knowledge In:
- Packaging Engineering
- Lab standards
- Packaging materials & sterilization processes
- Design Control
- Managed or lead root cause analysis / CAPA
- 6 Sigma and Lean Principals
- Project Management Principals
- Developing Knowledge In:
- Supply Chain
- Ability to prepare written policies, procedures, proposal, and reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree Packaging Science, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering
- Effective communication skills with superiors (department managers, senior management, steering committee members, cross functional vice presidents), peers, and subordinates.
- Ability to plan and document projects effectively. Ability to manage multiple ongoing projects by way of good organizational skills.
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to lift 30 pounds
Must be able to travel independently to various buildings/sites (up to 30% of the time).
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.