Packaging Operator, 3rd shift
927 S Curry Pike Bloomington, IN 47402 Bloomington, IN 47402 US
Target Pay Rate: 18.70/hr **salary will be commensurate with experience
The Packaging Operator works within the Finishing/Packaging Complex. They inspect, label, and package pharmaceutical products to meet client demand and expectations. They contribute to creating an environment where teamwork, productivity, safety, identity, strength, purity and quality (SISPQ) are reflected in the finished product. This position reports to the Finishing Supervisor.
What you’ll be doing:
1. Label, package, inspect and document per written instructions
- Package product in boxes, cartons, syringes, vials, blisters
- Visual acuity 20/20 with or without corrective vision and ability to pass color blind test
- Verify incoming materials for use
- Inspect product/materials for defects
- Participate and assist with line clearance activities
- Clean and clear debris from all work areas
- Scheduled weekend overtime will be required
Work Environment: Controlled pharmaceutical environment including wearing long sleeves, safety toe shoes, gloves and safety glasses. Ability to work in a team environment on a variety of automated and semi-automated packaging lines.
What you’ll bring:
- High school diploma or GED required
- 6 months of previous Pharmaceutical or Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently
- Good communication skills
- Good documentation skills, including legible handwriting
- Good interpersonal skills
- Basic computer skills
- Basic math skills
- Knowledge of standard operating procedures, specifications, and job-specific training materials
- Requires the usage of hand tools for set up and operation of automated equipment.
- Must be able to understand, speak, read and write English
Physical / Safety Requirements:
- Must be able to lift, push/pull, and carry up to 50 pounds
- Required to stand for up to 8 hours per day, including constant standing for 2 hours at a time
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds overhead
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate equipment is required
Additional Requirement: Final candidates for Packaging Operator will be required to pass a post offer/pre-employment job placement examination which will test the physical capabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.