Packaging Technician (3rd shift)
55 Cantiague Road Hicksville NY USA 11801 Hicksville, NY 11807 US
- Able to perform various inspecting, labelling and packaging operations
- Handling of components on packaging line and monitors for defects.
- Inspects filled container or package to ensure product is according to specifications.
- Prepares shippers, inspects finished product and packages into shipper. Seals, labels, and stacks shipper.
- Fills cartons, carriers or shippers by hand with product, labels, literature or applicators.
- Maintains compliance with SOPs, good documentation practices (GDP), training requirements, Company and safety policies and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs).
- Verifies correct lot code/exp. date on all pkg. components/finished goods.
- Contributes to the team by supporting other lines and roles as necessary to maintain operational efficiency.
- Performs rework/re-inspection of components/finished goods with minimal conversation and focus on product defects.
- Performs various housekeeping duties such as sweeping/mopping floor, cleaning equipment, fixtures, windows, and walls as needed.
- Perform minor adjustment on the equipment and documents work performed.
- Solid English reading/comprehension written and verbal communication skills required to understand and communicate to others
- Previous related experience highly preferred
- Participate in Safety Program by complying with all and preventive measures (i.e., wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Alerts Supervision, Mechanics, Quality personnel to safety, quality and equipment performance problems when they occur.
- Perform key roles in a manner that promotes teamwork, is respectful of others and is aligned with Sandozs behaviour expectations.
Education: HS Diploma or GED
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.