450 Brookline Ave. Boston, MA 02215 - 5450 US
- Manage and coordinate all Pathology day-to-day activities across TBL, and coordinate Pathology-required activities with other labs within and outside of CIO.
- Assess quality of specimens received to verify they are adequate for testing. Ensure proper treatment, labeling, and storage of research specimens to maintain the diagnostic viability of specimens for histological and cytological analyses as well as to optimize testing.
- Review specimens/slides to confirm adequacy and annotate regions of interest.
- Review and interpret of hematoxylin & eosin (H&E) stained tissue sections.
- Review, interpret and approve immunohistochemical/ immunofluorescence-stained tissue sections and image analysis data.
- Review, interpret and approve image analysis data.
- Review and interpret histopathology data with laboratory scientists internal and external to CIO.
- Work closely with CIO TBL Director, CIO TBL Lead Senior Scientist and CIO Associate Director to ensure the successful and timely completion of research projects performed by the Center. Anticipate, identify and resolve pathology-related issues on an ongoing basis.
- Assist with assessing the pathological implications of any analyses conducted in TBL. Advise DFCI-investigators and Laboratory Scientists on appropriate testing and analysis of tissue-based biomarkers
- Collaborate and seek Pathology expertise, as needed, with the DFCI Department of Pathology.
- Provide project management and liaison support for collaborators; however, this position does not have any direct reports.
- MD with post-graduate training (within the US or international) in diagnostic histopathology and 6+ years of post-graduate/training experience is preferred.
- Experience in Oncology or cancer research is strongly preferred.
- Expertise and/or practice in interpreting immunohistochemical/ immunofluorescence stains is preferred. Experience with image analysis software is expected.
- Demonstrated experience working independently.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work closely and effectively with a diverse group of individuals from technicians to senior leaders. Demonstrated experience working in a collaborative and interdisciplinary team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.