Patient Centricity MIPI Fellow (Remote)
remote remote, IL 60062 US
Max pay ~33/h depending on experience
The Patient Centricity MIPI Fellow will report to Senior Director, PATC and will be assigned to work with a more senior MIPI team member on planning and execution of MIPI projects(s)/initiative(s) with a specific emphasis in the Risk-Benefit-Opportunity (RBO). This function focuses primarily on generating information and insight into the competitive landscape for disease areas of interest. Fellow will be responsible for execution of projects and interactions with internal and external stakeholders as relevant to the projects. Fellow will use technical, medical, and scientific expertise gained from patient-centric approaches and other pharmaceutical industry training/experience to meet objectives. Toward that end, this role will require some knowledge of
multiple areas of patient care and access to care including the ability to research and provide insights into disease areas with an emphasis on developing and understanding of the competitive products. This role will support MIPI analyses conducted for internal customers within Research, Early Development, Rx+ etc. Of note, Fellow will be working closely with a mentor who leads the RBO function.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Assist in competitive landscape / Risk Opportunity research for MIPI analyses including but not limited to:
- Identification of competitive products in current and emerging (clinical / pre-clinical development) Standard of Care
- Identification and assessment of competitive programs with similar characteristics (MOA etc.) to internal programs
- Identification of locations where care is rendered and costs of care, overall healthcare utilization, numbers of patients within the target population/subpopulation in the markets of interest
- Work with other internal partners to support the MIPI team with contributions in the area of health economics, epidemiology, clinical and regulatory
- Participate in the supervision of PharmD students interning in the MIPI team
- Incumbent will interact with a wide range of departments and position levels, including but not limited to global staff in DDR, NPP, NPA, AIA, Primary Focus Leads, Medical and Early Development, and Portfolio Strategy. Position has direct impact on the company’s ability to meet goals creating and delivering value to patients and their caregiver, ensuring delivery on VALUE Gene and CSP.
- Position challenges incumbent to manage multiple project goals and timelines. Incumbent must be able to work independently on MIPI research and project(s) under minimal direction from manager. Incumbent should be able to apply scientific/medical knowledge to assigned projects, and use working knowledge of relevant guidelines to assist in the success of projects and programs.
- Candidate must be able to work within the construct of a global team and possess excellent teaming skills.
- Position reports to Senior Director within Patient Centricity Division
- Fellow will be working closely with a mentor who leads the RBO function
- Entry level into the Patient Centricity and/or Medical Affairs
- PharmD or other advanced science degree. MBA beneficial
- Typically, 0-1 years previous industry or healthcare field related experience
- Ability to apply scientific and/or business knowledge to assigned projects
- Understands compliance concepts as they relate to performing immediate job functions
- Effective writing and oral presentation skills
- Ability to understand healthcare environment and apply concepts to perform job function
- Proficiency in Microsoft tools: PowerPoint, Excel
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.