95 Hayden Avenue Cambridge, MA 02139 US
The Biologics Purification Development team is seeking a highly motivated Postdoctoral Fellow with a strong background in chemical engineering, biochemistry, or a related field to utilize prevailing industry and/or academically vetted techniques to explore purification technologies involving high volume unit operations. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual with a strong understanding of biochemistry, process chromatography, and a history working with design of experiments (DOE). Experience with protein-protein and protein-surface interactions is considered a strong plus. Optimal candidates will seek to use their background as part of a team working to build tools for high throughput processes.
The candidate will be expected to provide conceptual input to the design, development and execution of research assignments for a specific project or projects related to the described objectives. This position will be responsible for significant or sole technical leadership within the project or complex study, with an ability to identify process or study issues/challenges and propose potential resolutions. The position will require the individual to have excellent communication skills to facilitate working closely with colleagues and teams. The candidate will present data at meetings as well as actively participate in the composition of various technical documents.
• The ideal candidate should have a Ph.D. in chemical engineering, biochemistry, or related field, with up to two years previous relevant post-doctoral experience.
• Proven ability to produce project strategy, high quality results and interpret data
• Extensive knowledge of bioseparation techniques with an emphasis on chromatography
• Should be capable of working independently and possess ability to drive towards results
• Should have experience with statistical design, design of experiment (DOE)
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Experience with common analytical techniques used to characterize biomolecular properties
• Knowledge/Experience with protein-surface interaction
• Knowledge/Experience with model flow in packed beds
• Experience with high throughput chromatography screening applications
• Experience with AKTA equipment/UNICORN software
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.