40 Landsdowne St Cambridge, MA 02139 US
Job Description / Role Profile Job/Position: Postdoc BU/Organization: Pharmaceutical Sciences Department: Biologics Process Development:
OBJECTIVES/PURPOSE (3-4 bullets)? This position will be responsible to develop inducible expression system for CHO and 293 cells to produce therapeutic antibodies and proteins, and viral vectors.? Responsible for tech development for novel stable viral production and for improvement of CLD technologies and platform? Responsible for cell line development (CLD) activities including transfection, stable selection, cell culture maintenance, clone selection, and genetic engineering and characterization of mammalian cell lines for clinical and commercial production? Perform laboratory experiments using a variety of CLD and cell culture technologies including single cell cloning, cell imaging, clone screening, liquid handling automation and Octet/ELISA-based recom-binant protein quantification
- Cell culture, cell line development
- Cell line engineering and molecular biology
- Retroviral vector production
ACCOUNTABILITIES (Describe the primary duties and responsibilities of the job. Include only the es-sential functions of the job. Approximately 5 - 10 bulleted task statements should be identified).
- Employs available methods and test new methods for cell line development and independent-ly generates CHO cell lines of high productivity and quality
- Employs available methods and test new methods to develop inducible system and stable expression of viral vectors
- Works with departmental and/or cross functional peers to execute on assignments under lim-ited supervision.
- Interprets data independently, identifies technical issues and implements solutions under lim-ited supervision
- Contributes to the design of new applications and operations in consultation with supervisor; evaluates new techonolgies and participates in new platform development
- Documents experimental procedures with electornic notebook and authors CLD reports for regulatory filings
- Presents study results in internal meetings, participates in project meetings/decisions
- The candidate will need strong skills with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint to organize and document experimental procedures with electornic notebook
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise (Breadth and depth of knowledge, application and complexity of tech-nical knowledge)
Leadership (Vision, strategy and business alignment, people management, communication, influencing others, managing change)
Decision-making and Autonomy (The capacity and authority to make organizational decisions, autonomy in decision-making, complexity of decisions, impact of decisions, problem-solving)
Interaction (The span and nature of ones engagement with others when performing ones job, internal and external rela-tionships)
Innovation (The required level of scientific knowledge, knowledge sharing, innovation and risk taking)
Complexity (Products managed, mix of businesses, internal and/or external business environment, cultural considera-tions)
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Ph.D. degree in molecular and cell biology, biochemistry, biology, biotechnology, or related pharmaceutical science;
- Experience in cell culture and genetic engineering is required
- Experience in CLD technologies including culture of mammalian cells, single-cell cloning, clonality assessment, and clone screening is highly desirable
- Experience in retroviral system or production is highly appreciated.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills - Ability to troubleshoot and resolve critical and routine issues using appropriate information
- Teamwork - Ability to work within department groups/team
- Organization - Ability to manage work load efficiently and in timely manner especially when projects are at a critical stage
- Technical - Proficiency in use of applicable lab equipment and operations; experience in main-taining written records of work in the form of laboratory notebooks (paper or electronic)
- Communication - Ability to report data, present findings to management
- Computer experience in common Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.