Principal Clinical Capabilities Project Manager
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080 US
The newly formed Clinical Capabilities Team is responsible for driving the strategic development and implementation of solutions in support of the execution of clinical trials, systems, initiatives and processes for business units across Early Clinical Development (ECD). The Principal Clinical Capabilities Project Manager will be accountable for leading complex departmental and/or enterprise level projects. This position will use their knowledge of traditional project management principles and practices with an Agile development approach.
Incumbent is expected to guide cross-functional teams and diverse stakeholder groups to ensure strategic alignment and execution of the project deliverables, on schedule, within budget, and to the required quality / reliability standard through collaborative partnerships within the Early Clinical Development (ECD) organization and the broader organization consistent with the overarching businesss strategy and objectives
Incumbent is a technically strong individual who works directly with Technical Leads, Functional Managers, Business Leaders and Partners to identify and coordinate resolution of technical and project risks. The Principal Clinical Capabilities Project Manager provides timely and effective communication of project progress, advocates for resource and budgetary needs, and employs a leadership style that inspires teamwork, high standards, compliance and overall success in project results
This is a hands-on role that will be directly involved in driving culture change and building organizational capability to meet our strategic goals and the needs of patients. The Principal Clinical Capabilities Project Manager will report to the Head of Clinical Capabilities within ECDs Quality, Compliance and Clinical Capabilities (QC3) team.
- Adapt and apply project management methodologies and tools to design and deliver key projects and ensure they are rolled out to the business in a timely, well-coordinated and high-impact manner
- Drive team communication, stakeholder engagement, and governance interactions.
- Lead project team to appropriately challenge project assumptions and thoroughly identify the project and technical risks.
- Prepare project schedule, ensuring timing estimates from the cross-functional team are accurate and appropriately challenged, including buffers to mitigate risks.
- Identify the approach for a given project including defining roles, stakeholder involvement, risks, dependencies, deliverables, review and approval processes, and anticipating milestone dates, adjusting throughout the course of the project.
- Develop and maintain project governance and project management documentation, such as project plans, schedules, communications plans, risk registers, status updates, critical paths, etc.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and cross-functional leads to manage project scope, plan resources, maintain schedules, and facilitate communication.
- Organize and lead cross-functional project team meetings (agenda, scheduling, presentation, etc.). Support project teams toward implementation of project plans and track progress toward goal(s)
- Identifying resource constraints, risks, and conflicts with potential impact to project deliverables.
- Coordinate task execution and provide appropriate direction and delegation to project team members.
- Monitoring delivery progress and determining if teams have the velocity, skills, and tools to execute work according to the current project plan, and continuously assess the need.
- Supports a regulated function of the department; understands and maintains compliance with internal and external privacy and legal requirements.
- Foster inclusive team dynamics to maximize internal and external team collaboration. Optimizing the project teams time and efforts on goals and key deliverables
- Enables effective decision making by establishing key project goals from project onset and regularly tracks and reports progress out to the team and steering committee throughout the project.
- Follow up on items that require resolution with all relevant stakeholders.
- The project will be complex in nature, and the role requires good judgment and strategic focus to apply the incumbents experience to develop the best scope, considering company broader business needs.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree required, Masters or Advanced Degree preferred.
- 10+ years experience in Project Management in an equivalent field
- A Professional in Project Management Certification (PPM)
- Project management in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry required with ability demonstrate experience with IT project management, in depth understanding of research, drug discovery, GCP or development preferred as well
- Proven ability to navigate complex organizations and identify appropriate stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to manage conflicts and ambiguity to drive clarity and deliver results
- Possesses a compelling track record of successful high profile highly complex research assignments, accomplished with independence and creativity
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing while demonstrating the ability to communicate effectively across internal and external gRED/internal teams Outstanding leadership and collaboration skills, with ability to work independently and effectively with cross-functional teams in a distributed workforce
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize, simplify, and communicate high-volume, complex information and/or data into meaningful information for stakeholders and leadership to make actionable decisions
- Comfortable with fast changes/adaptation due to evolving needs of the business over time
Pay Rate Range: $100-$150/hr. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.