Process Engineer II
927 S Curry Pike Bloomington, IN 47402 Bloomington, IN 47402 US
Target Pay Rate: 90-105k **salary will be commensurate with experience
A Process Engineer II – Manufacturing is responsible for continuous improvement on equipment, utilities and processes by providing floor support and troubleshooting as required on specified filling lines and processes (both mechanical and electrical). This role also ensures that plant (WFI, PCA, Clean Steam, Chilled Water) utilities are operating within an efficiency level that minimizes the cost to the business. An Engineer II will be responsible for creating User Requirements, Technical Specifications, Design Specifications, IQ/OQ protocols, and Change Control protocols. This position will be responsible for leading projects (vendor relations, procurement, installation, and validation) and achieving both budget and timeline requirements. This position reports to the Manager, Engineering Services.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop User Requirement Specifications, Technical Specification and Design Specifications for new automated processing equipment or upgrades to existing equipment.
- Author and executes protocols to include FAT, SAT, IQ and OQ.
- Implement improvement projects for utilities and department processes.
- Perform process reviews and prepare technical reports detailing equipment operation, best practices and recommended changes.
- Develop and maintain project schedules using MS Project
- Perform validation maintenance reviews of process and utility systems
- Suggest and develop energy saving ideas and facility improvements.
- Interpret building prints and utility drawings.
- Evaluate and recommends products and systems in key technology areas.
- Prioritize tasks to resolve complex problems.
- Require little direction, works on technical projects, and has sufficient knowledge within area of functional responsibility.
- Must have positive attitude, critical thinking and clear decision-making skills.
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize projects and complete projects on-time within budget.
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelors’ degree in Engineering required.
- 3 - 5 years of experience.
- Knowledge of the basic principles in various engineering disciplines.
- Must be able to lead and execute engineering projects.
- Experience with filling machines (vial, syringe, cartridge), depyrogenation tunnel and lyophilizers preferred.
- Prior experience in aseptic manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience with PLC, HMI, Vision Systems and Building Management systems preferred.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and the ability to use enterprise software (examples include: JDE, BPLM, Pilgrim, Trackwise, etc.)
- Must be able to read mechanical and electrical drawings.
- AutoCAD or equivalent component design knowledge.
Physical / Safety Requirements:
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Duties may require overtime work, including nights and weekends.
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate office equipment is required
- Position requires sitting or standing for long hours.
- Must be able to gown qualify for Grade A/B areas.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.