Process Engineer II
65 Pitts Station Road Marion, NC 28752 US
The incumbent is recognized as an integral employee within the Reliability Engineering department. Works as part of a team that focuses on improving asset and system reliability of these equipment in scope of the program.
- Performs data analysis to identify opportunities to improve maintenance metrics or personnel knowledge and skill sets, ultimately increasing asset availability.
- Key driver for Continuous and Process Improvement
- Assisting Maintenance Technicians in troubleshooting in the event of a problem
- Act independently with minimal supervision to conduct medium to large, approved projects. Expected to make suggestion on improvements based on technical knowledge.
- Leads teams in the use of reliability tools and processes such as Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and Virtual Maintenance Boards (VMB).
- Uses data to recommend improvements in the Equipment Maintenance Plans (EMP) based on CMMS, FMEA, RCA, VMB and other streams of asset and systems reliability data
- Works to improve asset and system reliability with an emphasis on Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF), and the resulting implementation of mitigation or elimination solutions.
- Leads teams to drive process improvements, mitigate failures or create reliability tools
- Evaluate new technologies, such as predictive tools, to be used by technicians and engineers.
- Develop and recommend proposals to senior management for consideration and allocation of funds. Initiate and prepare capital project application.
- Develop, configure, and optimize industrial processes and conduct small to medium projects from inception through completion.
- Overseeing the commissioning and qualification of a new process.
- Tracks and publishes benefits tracking information (VIP) related to assigned projects
- Sustain a clean and safe work area using 6S principles
- Learn, understand and apply rigorous quality standards, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Knowledge and proficiency with:
Microsoft Office computer software North Coves drawing database Maximo CMMS
- Effectively use databases to analyze data
- Effectively present information one-on-one and in small groups
- Ability to work as a collaborative team member
- Ability to solve equipment reliability problems with minimal to no assistance
- Understand verbal and written safety and quality instructions and read and comprehend written work instructions including words and drawings.
- Must have basic English written and oral communication skills adequate to communicate with other team members.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor of Science in Engineering or relevant discipline is required. 2-3 years of related experience in a manufacturing environment.
Technical drawing experience: CAD, ACAD or SolidWorks preferred.
More than 2 years of relevant technical experience.
Other Duties as Assigned
target PAY: 37-42/hr
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.