Procurement Coordinator (REMOTE EST)
50 Northern Avenue, Boston, MA 02210 Boston, MA 02210 US
Pay Rate Range: $40-$55/hr
The Procurement Coordinator is responsible for processing purchase requisitions and enabling the procurement of materials, scientific equipment and services under the direction of a supervisor. In addition, the role will coordinate supplier and vendor contacts and communicates problems or issues.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Processes requisitions in a timely manner ensuring best quality, service, quantity, delivery and cost in accordance with functional objectives and sourcing processes
· Processes orders through internal chemical ordering system supporting R&D departments
· Reviews, processes and executes capital equipment orders
· Completes the entire Procure-to-Pay cycle by working closely with the Receiving and Accounts Payable departments to resolve delivery and invoicing issues, including the disposition of returned material to suppliers
· Ensures all activities performed are in compliance with corporate and department policies
· Monitors back order reports
· Closes and reopens purchase orders as needed
· Participates in department continuous improvement efforts
· Compiles, records and tracks vendor information, supplier performance metrics, purchasing activities and pricing data
Knowledge and Skills:
· Oracle or similar ERP system knowledge
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
· Adapts to new processes and applications quickly
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-transactional volume environment
· Strong communicator, both verbally and written, ability to clearly explain policies and issues to internal and external customers
Education and Experience:
· High school or secondary school diploma
· Typically requires 2 years of relevant work experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.