Procurement Specialist I
68 Elm Street Hopkinton, MA 01748 US
Target Pay Rate: 30-42.79/hr **salary will be commensurate with experience
This role will assist with rebranding activities for client by planning and generating appropriate material orders to support production, ensuring on-time delivery and receipt from suppliers, resolving/escalating any issues, and ensuring availability of materials for production.
Drives material planning and procure-to-pay activities to include the following:
- Reviews/reconciles material requirements based on production demand
- Reviews and processes purchase orders to ensure availability of parts to meet the needs of production
- Adjust due dates, quantities, and shipments as appropriate to meet production needs; ensure dates are communicated to and agreed upon with the supplier
- Pro-actively communicates, resolves, and/or escalates material shortage issues cross-functionally between internal business partners and suppliers.
- Resolves any receiving issues pertaining to quality/incoming inspection or delivery disputes with the supplier
- Ensures seamless delivery of goods and/or services to client
- Manages inventory for zero out of stocks and minimal obsolescence
- 1 year of purchasing, planning, supply chain management and/or management, and/or inventory management experience in a manufacturing environment
- 1 year of experience iin direct buying, contract negotiations, and supplier relationship management
- 1 year of cross-functional team management experience or project management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- SAP experience a plus.
- Strong analytical, reasoning and quantitative skills.
- Able to express concepts and needs clearly, logically and persuasively in both writing and verbally.
- Takes initiative in anticipating issues and mitigating risks.
- Able to process and manage large amounts of information and is comfortable with complexity.
- Able to make appropriate prioritization decisions.
- Bachelor's degree
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.