Product Development Lead
4410 Rosewood Drive Pleasanton, CA 94588 US
Describe the primary goals, objectives or functions or outputs of this position:
This individual is responsible for leading a variety of Product Development projects within the Body Contouring portfolio. The Product Development engineer, works closely with functional leaders and team members in planning work packages, delivering results, resolving conflicts, identifying priorities, and communicating effectively to ensure company commitments are met within timelines. This individual is a champion of product health and team dynamic.
List up to 10 main responsibilities for the job. Include information about the accountability and scope.
• Responsible for achieving the product development project's targets in support of business objectives. Maintain project controls and reporting for cost, scope, and schedule. Independently plan and conduct small- to medium-size assigned projects within engineering specialty requiring planning, investigations, execution, and reporting. Create charter, plans, drive decisions and organize information.
• Lead the day-to-day activities within the team(s) to ensure that commitments are achieved while continuous improvements are being made. Ensure effective communication with team members both internal and externally (i.e., vendors).
• Ensure team priorities are clear and deliverables are completed on time with quality. Balances multiple demands. Drive accountability, instill sense of urgency and follow through so that deliverables are completed per schedule.
• Ensure that the project is framed with the customer(s) in mind, end to end views and encompasses cross functional perspectives.
• Responsible for compliance with applicable policies and procedures. Ensure work packages are done with completeness and quality per our standards. Write, review, and approve documents in PLM system.
• Produce quality results. Establish alternate use possibilities and incorporates flexibility; balance system costs with benefits provided; oversee design work of internal and external consultants, Create/modify designs for intermediate problems. Integrate financial with technical data. Analyze complex interdisciplinary problems and identify their impact; establish probabilities; draw conclusions reflecting broad business needs.
• Demonstrate strong business acumen with a customer centric perspective. Represent engineering on corporate task forces. Identify full range of customer/client needs and proposes solutions to address them; make alterations in products or services to better meet (recognized or unrecognized) customer need.
List required and preferred qualifications (up to 10). Include education, skills, and experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, science, or closely related discipline is desired, or equivalent technical experience plus demonstrated competence, with a desired 7+ years of significant engineering and/or operational experience.
• Responsible for performing all duties in compliance with FDA’s Quality System Regulation (QSR), ISO13485, IEC 60601-1, the Canadian Medical Device Regulations, and all other international regulatory requirements with which complies.
• Possess a strong technical knowledge and application of concepts, practices, and procedures. Work on problems of complex scope where analysis of situations or data involves multiple competing factors. Demonstrate judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
• Interact well with diverse groups within engineering and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators.
• Listen to and understands others' points of view and articulate tactfully and respectfully one's own perspective orally, in writing, and in presentations.
• Work well with other engineers in a collaborative, fast-paced goal-driven environment. Possess interpersonal skills to negotiate and reconcile differences. Ability to work independently with flexibility to new or varied responsibilities.
• Strong understanding of business processes.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Excellent time management with respect to priorities as well as self-management skills.
• Execute priorities with speed and agility.
• Working knowledge of clinical environments and direct experience with end customers.
Key Stakeholders (optional):
• Product development (system, test, mechanical, electrical, software)
• Technical services
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.