Product Engineering Technician (Chemist)
25A Carolina Ave, Providence, RI 02905 Providence, RI 02905 US
Seeking a talented individual to join the Device Synthesis group within Research & Development supporting the Type 1 Diabetes program. This role will focus on polymer synthesis and the characterization of materials for the continued development of T1D device program. The individual will be required to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and will have the ability to utilize a variety of analytical tools as well as perform a variety of laboratory procedures according to prescribed protocols with an evolving ability to work independently. The position is located in Providence, R.I.
· Support in the manufacture of Medical Devices in an ISO 7/8 Environment, ensuring compliance with all Cleanroom Practices in each Unit Operation.
· Perform polymerization reactions using various chemicals in a laboratory hood according to prescribed work instructions.
· Conduct polymer hydration testing.
· Complete and compile polymerization reaction Batch Records including reaction observations and communicate observations with supervisor.
· Characterize materials and Medical Device prototypes, including mechanical testing, viscosity testing, FTIR, DSC, SEM, TGA and other evaluations as necessary
· Maintain glassware by cleaning and washing.
· Maintain a clean and safe environment in labs, by behaving according to laboratory procedures that align with guidelines.
· Comply with all Policies including Health, Safety, and Environmental Regulations, Personal Protective Equipment Requirements, and Standard Operating Procedures.
· Prioritize and plan work activities, and adapt to changing schedules and other conditions, as required.
· Two-year degree in Engineering, Biotechnology/Pharmaceuticals or relevant technical field; High School Diploma with 2-4 years relevant experience.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills with ability to effectively communicate with multiple teams.
· Proven ability to monitor own Work Product, ensuring quality, accuracy, and thoroughness; able to self-motivate and work independently or as part of a larger Team.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task; comfortable with changing work environments and priorities.
· Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
· Self-motivated and collaborative, with excellent time management and communication skills.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.