Product Stewardship Engineer
1360-1380 South Loop Road Alameda, CA 94502 US
- Support the implementation of a product stewardship database,
- Ensure part, packaging and product information is accurately tracked in database,
- Work to Corporate Regulatory/Product Stewardship team and provide updates as needed,
- Ensure compliance with geography specific restricted substance requirements (e.g., RoHS, REACH, EU MDR) and Restricted Substance Management (RSM) requirements,
- Facilitate, track and work with various groups on component changes in the manufacture, import and distribution of any new product or relocation of manufacturing processes,
- Facilitate division compliance with all RSM reporting requirements,
- Coordinate with R & D support, the implementation and integration of RSM evaluations,
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS) and other regulatory requirements.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments.
- Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Supports Environmental Management System, ISO 14001 and division sustainability efforts.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
- Medical device manufacturing experience preferred,
- Experience in restricted substance management (e.g., REACH, RoHS) preferred,
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.
- Must possess critical thinking, problem solving and planning skills.
- Must use sound judgement and ability to build and maintain relationships with individuals and in teams.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.