Production Technician III - Packaging (2nd shift)
927 S Curry Pike Bloomington, IN 47402 Bloomington, IN 47402 US
Target Pay Rate: 44-47k **salary will be commensurate with experience
A Production Technician III provides direct support to equipment in the Packaging production area. This support consists of the initial set-up of equipment prior to batch processing, changeover activities between batch processing, and troubleshooting during batch processing. A Production Technician III reports directly to the Finishing Supervisor, works with various cross-functional teams to maximize equipment efficiencies and provide ideas for continuous improvement opportunities. The Production Technician III must fully support operations on the production floor and communicate effectively with production team members.
What you'll do:
- Analyze machine/line downtime and efficiency information to respond to operational needs
- Communicate equipment issues to subsequent shifts, Supervisor and appropriate personnel via electronic tech report
- Evaluate and implement improvements to all processes associated with the equipment to increase efficiencies and reduce waste.
- Use all available data (downtime reports, OEE, etc.) to understand and target bottlenecks in the process
- Initiate/complete work orders for equipment related problems
- Provide recommendations and implement solutions to equipment/process challenges
- Ensure all setup and changeover activities are complete and accurate, with an emphasis on achieving target changeover times
- Evaluate changeover parts and ensure that appropriate repairs are made between uses or replacement parts are ordered
- Provide training to Machine Operators for general equipment operation, setup, changeover and troubleshooting
- Work with Finishing Training, Supervisors, Machine Operators, to evaluate and improve SOPs
- Provide support during equipment qualification/validation
What you'll bring:
- Associate’s degree in a technical field preferred
- High school diploma or GED required with proven mechanical aptitude.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and the ability to use enterprise software (examples include: JDE, BPLM, Pilgrim, Trackwise, etc.)
Physical / Safety Requirements:
- Must be able to lift, push/pull, and carry up to 50 pounds
- Required to stand for up to 8 hours per day, including constant standing for 2 hours at a time
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds overhead
- Duties may require overtime work, including nights and weekends
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate equipment is required
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.