1840 Gateway Drive, 3rd Floor San Mateo, CA 94404 US
The Project Associate will support the business operations of the CMO office, including budget planning, goalsetting, and development prioritization. The incumbent will also lead and/or participate in continuous process improvements and standardization, key strategic business initiatives, and champion improved efficiency, quality, and performance.
Essential Functions of the job:
- Organizing and managing project schedules, including setting milestones and deadlines for team members to ensure that projects are completed on time
- Support the budgets management by tracking expenses and requesting additional funds if needed
- Handling administrative tasks such as manage calendars, expense reports, CDAs, NDAs, high functioning admin and capable of managing a few projects for the team
- Support Chief of Staff in the development of slide presentations, coordinate the reports, dashboard
- Establish and maintain a work environment that supports learning, respect, open communication, collaboration, integration, and teamwork.
- Support other tasks as identified by the Chief of Staff (COS)
- Provide support to assist vendors and purchase order management and tracking of accruals planned vs. actuals
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and/or collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate expertise in effectively managing multiple priorities and/or work streams in a fast-paced environment Demonstrate and/or exhibit excellent interpersonal skills, strong organizational skills, and effective written and verbal communication skills across all levels within an organization.
- Bachelor Degree or similar
- Minimum of 2 years project coordinator or project management experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Smartsheet, MS Project, MS PowerPoint and Outlook
Ethics - Treats people with respect; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Follows instructions and responds to management direction.
Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Writes clearly and informatively. Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed. Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Shares expertise with others.
Adaptability – Able to adapt to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and development areas; Pursues training and opportunities for growth; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Project Management - Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.