Project Coordinator - Scientific - II (Associate)
126 E. Lincoln Avenue Rahway, NJ 07065 US
The CORE (Center for Observational and Real-World Evidence) group is responsible for collecting real world evidence of the products that the company manufactures. The CORE group works to research real world health outcomes data from consumer experience/statistics, epidemiological methods and public health. The CORE group starts where clinical trials stop. This position will support the Portfolio Director and Associate Director on strategic initiatives in the Strategy & Operations organization and provide project management and budget management support as needed. The project coordinator will be responsible for defining and creating the onboarding and offboard process for the organization. The coordinator will also support the portfolio management team on the budget management process and gather insights on the portfolio. The coordinator may help troubleshoot and escalate issues as needed.
Other types of support activities may include:
• Provide operational support to ensure studies follow all CORE, MRL and HH processes
• Addresses issues raised by CORE Scientists, responds to budget management questions or issues, and assists to resolve by following through to completion in a timely manner
• Keeps team members, staff group, departmental colleagues (as appropriate) and management fully apprised of project / initiative status and issues.
• And other project support as determined by Portfolio priorities
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree in scientific field required. Master's degree a plus (such as public health, epidemiology, outcomes research, behavioral sciences, health services research, biological sciences or public administration).
• Minimum of (3) years relevant job experience in a Project Management and/or Process Management role in non- interventional/observational research for the Drug / Vaccine / Biologics or relevant experience in public health research management. Experience with basic epidemiological methods, statistics, basic sciences, health outcome research or health economics and/or medical research a plus
• Must have strong communication (oral and written), multi-tasking, organizational and project management skills.
• Demonstrates ability to manage scope, time, resources and risk effectively for strategic projects; is results oriented.
• Demonstrates situational leadership and creative problem solving within organizations and teams.
• Ability to understand details, but keep overall "big picture" view of projects and strategies.
• Knows when and how to speak up to raise issues appropriately to the team and management.
• A problem-solver and can work well in ambiguous situations
• A collaborative team player and can also work independently
• Prior pharmaceutical experience preferred.
Other Technical skills preferred:
• Intermediate level Excel user - Pivot tables, VLOOKUP's, Slicers, automation, advanced formulas, etc.
• Proficient in SharePoint, MS Teams
• Portfolio and financial management/budgeting/planning and understanding PO's and invoices a plus Personality:
• Good work ethics
• Positive attitude
• People person and Team player
• Good team working skills within various functional groups in the manufacturing area.
• Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills. Someone able to understand the big picture.
They will need to liaise across organization on some strategic initiatives.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.