Project Engineer I
927 S Curry Pike Bloomington, IN 47402 Bloomington, IN 47402 US
Target Pay Rate: 68-93k **salary will be commensurate with experience
The CAPEX Project Engineer I is a member of the Capital Expenditure (CAPEX) Engineering Organization and is responsible for leading cross-functional initiatives and project teams through the identification, justification, prioritization, initiation, development and implementation processes. The Project Engineer I will collaborate with Quality, Manufacturing, Engineering, Program Management, Technical Services etc. to define project scopes and milestones to achieve commitments and identify issues and risks associated with existing facility assets or new assets. The Project Engineer I is expected to have independent interactions, influence and lead the project team to ensure the accountability for deliverables and commitments and must effectively communicate with support functions, multiple levels of management and customers. The Project Engineer I will report to the CAPEX Manager.
What you'll do:
- Leads team in defining project strategies, developing goals and ensures project scope is defined to meet project requirements
- Continuously interacts with all functions and levels of management ensuring effective, ongoing communications across teams and stakeholders
- Assists project manager to ensures identification and communication of projects risks, development of risk plan and leads team in the proactive management of risk response strategies
- Anticipates potential conflict situations and manages to a successful outcome
- Assists project managers track team deliverables for project completion
- Assists project manager to create and maintain project schedules
- Assists project manager to control project scope creep
- May be requested to support projects from a project engineer function
- In collaboration with the team, establish, track and communicate project risks
- Participates in all collaborations with external engineering firm in feasibility assessments, concept design, basic design and detail design
- Participates in technical review of all external engineering design reviews
- Assists project manager in reviewing contractor/engineering firm submittals
- Develop project URS, RFQs, CCMs, Work Orders, preventative maintenance plans, P&ID redlines, spare parts management among other activities directly related to project documentation.
- Collaborates with multifunction teams to develop project Capital Expenditure Requests (CERs) and Front End Loading (FEL) documents among other documents required to obtain project approvals.
- Assists with project IQOQ & PQ activities
- Participates in training site stakeholders as project is turned over to the site]Presents project technical scope to site stakeholders and project sponsors/endorsers
- Participates/leads project technical reviews for assigned projects
What you'll bring:
- BS in Engineering required
- Stong verbal and writing skills
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, MS Projects, Excel, and Outlook and the ability to use enterprise software
- Preferred experience in working in an aseptic manufacturing plant
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.