65 Pitts Station Road Marion, NC 28752 US
North Cove is embarking on a fully dedicated automation journey creating a dedicated team for this program. The incumbent is responsible for designing, developing, implementing projects and technologies part of the Automation Roadmap. In addition to providing technical support and service to these areas, the incumbent may also perform the following functions: supervising, requisitioning, defining, initiating, specifying, documenting and training. Job Responsibilities
- Act independently with minimal supervision to conduct approved projects part of the Automation Roadmap. Expected to make suggestion on improvements based on technical knowledge.
- Able to prepare all the documentation needed for the CER submission (FEL, project charter, RACI matrix, PDRI, project presentation).
- Able to contribute to cost estimating of major capital budget items and the spending of approved project funds along with the spending phasing during the project.
- Able to deal with suppliers challenging them on timelines and technical aspects focused on filling technologies and pouching technics.
- Able to plan activities and tasks as a part of the project management using dedicated management tools like MS Project, Project Libre or Excel.
- Contribute to the planning and execution of components of the development process, which apply to product revision or enhancement or a defined piece of a larger project.
- Utilize engineering tools to analyze solutions and proof of concept (using AutoCad, Inventor and other tools).
- Investigate and analyze customer service problems and design improvement suggestions. Recommend design improvements.
- Sustain a clean and safe work area using 6S principles.
- Learn, understand and apply rigorous quality standards, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Knowledge of the basic principles in various engineering disciplines.
- Knowledge in project management/Certification in PMP preferred.
- Must have initial training in concepts of Six Sigma quality techniques.
- Must know how to effectively run projects, coordinate contractors, and direct the activities of a technician.
- Ability to work as a collaborative team member with a proactive attitude.
- Ability to solve equipment problems with minimal to no assistance.
- Understand verbal and written safety and quality instructions and read and comprehend written work instructions including words and drawings.
- Must have basic English written and oral communication skills adequate to communicate with other team members.
Background and/or Experience
- BS in Engineering required (Electrical, Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering preferred).
- 3 - 5 years experience in a similar role.
- Experience in a regulated industry is a plus.
Other Duties as Assigned
Target pay: 50-56*varies on years of experience
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.