Project Lead Buyer
4910 Savarese Circle Tampa, FL 33634 US
Target Pay Rate: 30-34.57/hr **salary will be commensurate with experience
The Lead Buyer Leader is responsible for Capex related procurement activities for client's Americas sites supporting projects ranging in size from $10m to $500m. This role will manage and assist a team of order management personnel to procure goods and services for strategic growth capital projects in the Americas. This role will also be responsible for the end-to-end procurement process for capital equipment and services bid packages, from managing the RFP process to assisting with project close out activities – this is a hands-on player/manager role supporting client's strategic growth projects, delivering new manufacturing capacity to our customers.
• Assist in the development of procurement strategies for equipment and services coordinate procurement activities for assigned strategic growth projects.
• Ensure project sourcing objectives, actions and priorities are aligned both within Global Capex Procurement, Global Engineering and with other key business partners.
• Manage and procure engineered equipment, construction services and engineering.
• Services procurement in support of Growth and Investments projects?$10MM.
• Lead the capital procurement RFP process to ensure a fair, timely and efficient bidding.
process utilizing email and P2P Tools (e.g., Ariba, etc.).
• Collaborate with external and internal Stakeholders and Category Managers to develop Procurement Strategies and ensure the proper vendor selection.
• Plan, lead and execute commercial negotiations and contractual terms for supply agreements.
• Manage relationships with suppliers and act as the primary point of contact within the project team.
• Drive awareness of supply issues within the project, clarifying business impact and lead mitigation/resolution actions.
• Develop project risk management strategies and drive development and implementation of appropriate risk mitigation plans.
• Work closely with Project Management to monitor supplier performance metrics and actively participate in the tracking and reporting of said metrics to drive supplier accountability.
• Work closely with key stakeholders to develop cost reduction strategies and implementation plans that meet project / business needs.
• Report project related savings as well as maintain the project savings pipeline.
• Review and negotiate supplier change orders.
• Coordinate, lead or participate in projects that lead to the development and improved efficiency of the Capex Procurement process and procedures.
Timely and effective recruitment and training of project procurement resources to staff up new capex projects.
• Bachelor’s degree in the field of Business, Purchasing, Engineering or Construction.
• 5+ years of experience in Procurement or a related field (preferred)
• Experience in capex heavy industries such as Pharma, oil & gas or tech. Solid commercial experience either in Procurement or construction procurement preferred.
• CIPS, Six Sigma, Project Management (or equivalent) preferred.
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills
• Ability to craft commercial contract and agreements.
• Team leader with ability to work efficiently in a matrix organization & interdisciplinary team.
• Excellent business mindset, analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
• MS Office, SAP, Oracle Unifier, Ariba experience
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.