Project Leader II, R&D Separation
25212 West Illinois Route 120 Round Lk Bch, IL 60073 US
Summary: Project Leader II role works with the Sr. Director, R&D Separation and corporate wide, cross-functional collaborators in the planning and execution of multiple R&D separation workstreams. The Project Leader II role will interact with R&D and cross-functional leadership as initiatives are scoped and project status is communicated.
The person in this role must demonstrate independence and developing leadership potential as they lead projects of varying complexity. There is a high level of interaction and influence with global colleagues to ensure teams keep on scope and within schedule commitments.
While embodying our culture of rapid execution and with a strong sense of urgency, the Project Leader II will take a hands-on approach in driving progress across multiple projects and initiatives. The Project Leader II must work effectively in a collaboration with internal and external teams to achieve organizational goals in a highly matrixed environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: * Working with R&D and cross-functional team members from across the corporation, the Project Leader II defines scope and drives project team performance, project schedule and execution, while tracking budget commitments.
- Key point of communication and alignment: The Project Leader II interacts through program updates, reviews (written and verbal), and other data-driven mechanisms to ensure effective ongoing communications across teams and stakeholders.
- Ensures effective project risk management by proper identification, prioritization, and management of cross-functional risks. Works with team to propose solutions to mitigate risk impacts.
- The Project Leader II owns the development and maintenance of several simultaneous project schedules and related data (risks, issues, etc). Responsible for tracking project progress, milestones and deliverables to ensure deadlines are met.
- With support from the finance team, the PLII is responsible for tracking project budget from proposal/approval trough receipt/payment
- Responsible for maintaining project data, records, and other documentation
Qualifications: * Experience with scheduling and resource management software (Project or similar); Experience in data analysis (Excel based); Business acumen (strong or developing)
- Able to effectively communicate (multiple modes) at the leadership level. Tailors both oral and written communication to audience. Able to convey complex ideas and concepts to management.
- Strong attention to detail: Ability to track multiple parts of different projects to remain up to speed with the latest developments
- Strong leadership potential: Ability to positively influence, lead, and manage a diverse team of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience working with global teams
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor level degree or equivalent experience with 3-5 years of relevant project management experience. Other, relevant experiences may be considered. Demonstrated success working with and leading cross-functional teams is required. Preferred: Project Management Institute (PMI) or Project Management Professional (PMP) certifications
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.