Project Manager I (non-IT)
1401 Sheridan Rd Downey, IL 60064 US
Manages/directs the activities and people associated with small to large scale projects with a focus on any or several non-IT business applications and disciplines. Manage/direct all facets of single or multiple, multidimensional, mission-critical projects through the Full Project Life Cycle. Collaborate/work with project sponsors, business units and users to identify project scope and focus, develop or monitor project initiatives, implement project requirements/plans/processes/tools, assign/guide/monitor project staff, and assure project success. Deliver quality project solutions to business problems or issues within defined budgets and/or timelines. Provide expert project guidance/support proactively through project completion. Provide tracking, reporting, and presentation to management and users. In addition, the role develops automation and improvement opportunities to the process and implements these opportunities; reports and shows improvement in metrics. 1-6 years’ experience
Day to Day Responsibilities
• Follow the Quality guideline (QCM01-01-001-G001) and serve as the “Change Owner” and drive both the set-up and completion of the Change Plans for Key Product Life Cycle activity. (i.e. product discontinuations)
• Work with the Operations Brand Managers and the full Cross Functional Team (CFT) to identify all critical information needed for the Change Plan (CP) (timing, full scope, specific product information, name of the Supply Chain Planner, etc.)
• Set up Project Planning meetings, invite key areas listed in the guideline (and know who to contact for the meeting)
• During the meeting(s)
o Discuss the key topics listed in the Quality guideline (scope, timing, impact to sites/affiliates….)
o Request action items (information needed to populate the Change Plan and tasks) from the core Cross Functional Team (CFT) and follow up if they do not provide the information
o Go through the Potential task list with the team to determine which tasks would be needed for the CP
o Request the team identify the main information for each task (Task Owner, Task Approver, Task due date)
• Populate the Change Plan per QCM01-01-001 (with specific examples and guidance from QCM01-01-001-G001). Basically, every field other than Regulatory, would be filled out by the Change Owner, and ALL tasks identified would also be created
• Perform all activities in the guideline that may be needed (example: submit a help desk ticket to get a MARC table with all information that would be in the SAP Grid)
• Submit the CP to the Change Coordinator in SolTRAQs (We review and if complete, get Reg assessment, discuss with the CRB for preapproval, set up a CFT meeting to review everything and determine if there are more tasks information needed, route the CP, etc.)
• Attend CRB meetings where applicable to explain CP to the board and follow-up on any questions that may come out of those meetings
• Follow up with the approvers and task owners if they do not close out their activities in time
• Manage the status (A0, A3, A4, A5) of the SAP codes in scope of the CP and work with Master Data Management to ensure the status is updated timely
• Track and escalate to ensure change plans are completed in target timing
• Maintains listing of improvement opportunities, (e.g. automation, templates, elimination of steps)
• Prioritizes initiatives.
• Develops plan to execute highest priority initiatives.
• Executes initiatives to deliver process efficiency
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.