Project Manager I
2881 Scott Blvd. Santa Clara, CA 95050 US
The primary focus of the position is to support operational aspects of ongoing projects and manage a few infrastructure and utilities related projects (~$200K to $500K in value). The position will be responsible for updating project portfolio logs and generating reports that will be presented to the Campus Planning Committee and global project update reporting platforms. The suitable candidate will possess specialized skills to manage projects from the concept development stage, through design, permitting, construction and commissioning. The suitable candidate will assist the requesting department in defining the scope and budget of a given project, ensuring alignment with all affected departments, procuring and directing design and construction resources, and maintaining compliance with the Client Quality System. Non construction related projects and tasks may be assigned. These projects may include facility related software systems, movement of personnel and functions to new facilities, and projects related to compliance with Roche corporate directives, purchase order management, invoicing management and performing administrative duties for Senior leaders.
- Supports assigned manager and team with a variety of routine to advanced administrative and operational activities including but not limited to: Scheduling and coordinating onsite/offsite meetings and/or larger scale events; Channeling communication and/or materials; Coordinating the preparation of department budget including monitoring expenses against budget and researching and analysing discrepancies; Creating and submitting purchase orders and compiles expense reports. Provides support on editing and formatting departmental documents such as memos, reports, presentations and legal documentation that may require data gathering from multiple components. Streamlines and reduces unnecessary administrative or operational burdens from manager and other team members.
- Represents the department in a highly polished and professional manner; Serves as the department lead on new systems, processes and training compliance. Serves as the departmental go-to-person for general operational or administrative inquiries, requiring broad knowledge of departmental and organizational policies and procedures. Supports the training and on-boarding efforts for new staff on administrative processes, systems, practices, tools, etc. Actively participates in internal company meetings with other administrative professionals, finds ways to apply new methods of working, improvements in work processes and supports an exchange of ideas among colleagues. Stays abreast with emerging knowledge and trends in administrative practices and collaborates with colleagues beyond own department.
- Assists with new project intake and updates project progress tracking on a set frequency. Update tracking includes resources, financials, schedule, risk etc.
- Assists with sustainability and energy conservation initiatives and support implementation of various programs in those areas.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with word processing, spreadsheet, database, project management and email software.
- Ability to create, manage and meet project schedules.
- Excellent time management, planning, organization and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in administrative abilities.
- Understanding of purchase order processes, invoicing and financial closeout requirements.
- Must be people-oriented and a demonstrated leader.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and drive issues to closure.
**salary will be commensurate with experience**
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.