Project Manager III (Engineering/Device/Combination Product)
2525 Dupont Dr Irvine, CA 92612 US
Target PR Range: 90-110/hr
*Depending one experience
The Project Manager, Project Management -Combination Products is accountable for leading the cross functional team (Engineering, Quality, Supply Chain, Marketing, Operations, Human Factors, Project Management, and External Partners) in the execution of a portfolio of projects focused on the delivery system constituent parts of a combination product (Devices, Primary Packaging, Accessories, Secondary Packaging, Instructions for Use and Labeling). The Project Manager ensures that the strategy and plans defined for assigned programs are aligned with the needs of the patient and customer and the business objectives of the CMC and Product Strategy teams. In addition, product development timing and scope need to support plans for CMC gate reviews and each clinical phase.
Summary of Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
The Project Manager will be accountable to the Program Manager Director for delivering on the strategy, plans and budget defined for the project portfolio.
· Leadership of a portfolio of drug delivery system product development projects
· Tactical and strategic management of external device partners including acting as a key interface, managing the project governance process and forward-looking evaluation of potential partners
· Device financial management including budgeting, forecasting and long-range planning of delivery development expenses
· Representing the R&D organization to cross functional leadership through effective and timely communication
· Ensuring effective use of meetings by clearly defining objectives, agendas, inviting the team members specifically needed and publishing minutes and actions
· Driving continuous improvement on Program/project management processes and tools
· Direct management of project managers with responsibility for device/device constituent development projects
· Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical field
· Certification: Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred, but not required
· 10+ years of experience in the combination product or medical device industry with proven experience in developing and launching combination products; broad experience in design controls, human factors studies, design verification/validation and usability studies.
· Leadership of technical professionals; proven effective leader to cross-functional teams with focus on commercialization, equipment selection, build and qualification of delivery systems
· On-body delivery systems, auto-injectors, pumps and pre-filled syringes, and smart packaging design experience desired.
· Skilled in the initiation, selection, coordination and management of projects and have the ability to solve unique problems.
· Requires an in-depth understanding of the pharmaceutical and device product development cycle.
· Design history file, project management and product development experience is essential.
· Conflict resolution skills including persuasive management techniques required. Effective communication and people management capability.
· Ensure timely execution of incoming reportable device combination product events to comply with global regulations.
· Must have working understanding and application of GMP principles, concepts, practices and standards as well as relevant related regulatory requirements for commercialization in diverse global markets (United States, Europe, Asia, Latin America).
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.