Assoc Scientist/Protein Production Unit Technician
1074 Gateway East Parkway Bogart, GA 30622 US
- The Protein Production Unit Technician (PPU Technician) will provide daily care and health monitoring of animals; follow standard operating procedures and good documentation practices; organize, clean, and maintain production rooms, supplies, and equipment for egg layers. The PPU Technician will support the production facility by working shifts, weekends, and holidays as needed.
You will be responsible for:
- Sanitize animal rooms, enclosures, equipment, corridors and support areas using appropriate techniques to promote animal health and welfare and to comply with regulations and company policies. Provide nutrition to animals by supplying feed and water.
- Organize and maintain animal enclosures, supplies, and equipment
- Assess animal health status by gathering and documenting data and observing animals. Administer treatments, euthanize animals. Initiate and maintain records as prescribed by standard operating procedures.
- Maintain records by collecting and recording data to facilitate management of the facility.
- Handle and restrain animals by using appropriate techniques to allow for care to be performed in a safe and humane manner
- Provide weekend and / or holiday animal care as needed.
- Cross-train in all areas of the facility and provide coverage on an as-needed basis.
- Oversee packaging of waste materials sent out for incineration to ensure proper procedures are followed. Receive and properly process incoming shipments of supplies and materials.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
You will need to have:
- No unmanaged allergies to animals.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Ability to closely follow established procedures
- Ability to read, write, and understand spoken English at an 8th grade level
- The duties of this role are generally conducted in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment. As is typical of a pharmaceutical manufacturing-based role, employees must be able, with or without an accommodation to: frequently lift/carry 15/30 pounds unassisted/assisted; stand for prolonged periods of time; walk and move for prolonged periods of time; climb stairs or ladders; gown/degown PPE and uniforms; use a computer with a keyboard and mouse; collaborate with others; maintain general availability during standard business hours.
- Associate or Bachelor degree preferred.
- One or more years of experience working in a Laboratory Animal Facility or performing work in cGMP environment.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.