Purchasing Specialist I
N Waukegan Rd North Chicago, IL 60064 US
Target PR Range: 19-25/hr
*Depending one experience
Looking for candidates with moderate to advance Excel skills.
Fully onsite, regular shift. M-F. 730 – 4 pm. North Chicago campus.
What are the top 3-5 skills requirements should this person have?
1. Strong communication & teamwork
2. Ability to prioritize & agility for multitasking.
3. Strong written & verbal skills along with quick system/technology onboarding.
4. Self-motivated with prolonged sitting for data entry with minimal supervision.
5. SAP & Maximo system experience are a plus along with MRO & Purchasing knowledge.
The primary function of the MRO Buyer is to support the purchasing of material and service orders supporting Lake County manufacturing and engineering. This role will work with external users of the PTP (procure-to-pay) program. (This includes: SAP, SRM, SAP ECC and our work order management system, Maximo). The role is critical in providing high levels of customer satisfaction to both employees and suppliers. The role must ensure all requests for purchase are managed effectively and supported from creation of the requisition in Maximo to Purchase order in SAP and finally to warehouse receipt of materials. The MRO buyer works closely with all users of the system, including maintenance, engineering, storeroom attendants, internal requisitions and suppliers. The MRO buyer is delegated the authority to commit company funds.
College degree not required and 1-2 years of experience is preferred.
- Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Advanced Excel Skill Required
- Smartsheet is preferred
- In depth understanding of all aspects of PTP, SAP, SRM, ECC and inventory control.
- Proficient users of procurement tools including SAP and our work order management system Maximo
- Create and issue purchase orders to suppliers and assist requestor in a subject matter expert capacity to efficiently process requests.
- Maintain part factors assigned in work order management system to optimize purchase order processing and have a strong understanding of MRP re-order point and safety-stock setting functionality
- Support Lake County storeroom operations and new product launches by setting up new storeroom items in work order system maximo.
- Assist with optimizing storeroom key performance metrics/ indicators through ensuring alignment with part and planning factors established in work order management system.
- Responsible for running IBM Cognos Query Studio reports which provides information to effectively measure key performance indicators supporting MRO
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.