QC Analyst, Critical Reagent and Reference Standard Inventory Management
300 Bel Marin Keys Blvd. Novato, CA 94949 US
This is a temporary QC Analyst position in the Quality Control Analytical Technologies (QCAT) organization with a specific focus on the centralized program management of reference standards and critical reagents used in the testing of clinical and commercial products. The core function of this role is to support an integrated inventory management database for reference standards and critical reagents. The integrated inventory management will allow for the distribution of material to internal and external quality control laboratories.
The individual is expected to perform routine job functions independently with minimal supervision. The QC Analyst is expected to build effective relationships/partnerships and communicate well within the Quality organization.
Detailed responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assess the current reference standard and critical reagent inventory management for distribution to internal and external Quality Control Laboratories.
- Prepare shipments for the distribution of reference standard and critical reagent to externalQuality Control Laboratories.
- Keep track of material requests and shipment progress.
- Identify the minimal inventory level that triggers the process for obtaining and qualifying critical reagents and reference standards.
- Perform preventive maintenance for freezers and/or storage units.
- Creation of testing protocols in Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- Proactively measure and improve process health.
- Provide routine status reports on the inventory levels to Critical Reagent and Reference Standard Inventory Management.
- Escalate if the inventory is at a critical level to Critical Reagent and Reference Standard Inventory Management.
- Ensure all individual training and guidelines are kept current.
- Manage and complete assigned projects, as needed.
- Assist with regulatory and internal inspections, as needed.
- Ownership and Accountability – Takes accountability for actions, drives results, and able to learn from mistakes. Delivers on promises, goals, and expectations. Makes quality decisions and resolves problems with minimal delay as appropriate. Asks “what can I do to help?”
- Communication - Ability to communicate effectively up and down, at all levels of the organization, present complex and/or new ideas with clarity and simplicity. Ability to draft and deliver clear and concise procedures.
- Planning - Excellent planning and prioritization skills with the ability to multitask and adapt. Able to synthesize large amounts of information. Able to deliver results despite shifting environment.
- Analytical Problem Solving – Ability to identify problems, define problem statement clearly and accurately and apply structured and disciplined methodology to identify data-driven root causes. Innovative and effective in solution development, risk mitigation, and execution.
- Customer focus - Partners with customers, looks ahead to predict future customer needs. Manages expectations.
- BS in a technical science field
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a Quality/Compliance/Regulatory setting.
- Basic knowledge of cGMPs and equivalent industry regulations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.