Quality Assurance (QA) Compliance Specialist II
1 N Waukegan Road North Chicago, IL 60064 US
*Depending on experience
Coordinate and execute Quality System document change-control processing activities working directly with the Document Strategy Team (DST) Lead in R&D Global Scientific Compliance; and collaborate with the Learning Management Team, Quality Assurance Documentation Center, and scientific-community business units.
Education and Training
The position requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent certification(s), and 2+ years of experience relevant to conducting technical business-oriented document management using an advanced electronic document management system (DMS). Company-specific documentation processing and systems training, and assignments' guidance will be provided by the DST Lead. Individual responsibilities will increase as confidence grows. Testing is not required to gain this position. Candidate’s company-specific training is typically read-and-understand for applicable processes and procedures to enable support of various scientific document management responsibilities and assignments.
General Requirements and Skills
• Excellent keyboarding for document/data change-control management using electronic systems
• Agile use of standard office computer applications and multi-communication modes, e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, TEAMS, SharePoint, Adobe Acrobat
• Proactive, transparent communication and collaboration with DST team leadership and other teams’ members in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
• Readily self-coordinates and organizes inputs from multiple communication pathways. Raises key questions when necessary
• Efficient work planning, self-checking, execution, and accountability without requiring excessive direction
• Detailed in assessment, execution, verification, and administration of electronic ‘process and procedure’ technical document change control; does not include scientific content review
• Highly preferred: Direct experience with an advanced DMS or document management platform, e.g., Attaché, Viva Vault, Document360, SAP, NetSuite, or similarly advanced DMS
• Preferred: Familiarity with general scientific terminology, e.g., chemist, biologist, instrument, analytical testing, study, clinical, active ingredient, drug product
The candidate will work within a Document Strategy Team, embedded within the Global Scientific Compliance group, within the larger Development Sciences R&D area. The hybrid work environment is a modern, comfortable, collaborative onsite work-setting with professional equipment and remote workdays possible. Typically, two remote workdays per week are available upon training period completion. Additional remote workdays may be possible based on management discretion.
Timing: 8:00 AM start, M-F, 40 hours per week, 1-year initial assignment
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.