Quality Control Analyst I/II - 3rd Shift
1100 Enterprise Drive Winchester, KY 40391 US
Shift: Friday to Sunday 6a to 6p
EXP - PRIOR ANALYTICAL LAB,ANALYTICAL TESTING.
A QC Analytical chemist is an entry level position for individuals who use their understanding of science to perform the basic and critical experimental work of day-to-day analysis, including generation and analysis of data. Their work is hands on in an analytical lab and requires analytical testing, computer operating, record keeping, and report writing abilities. This position performs the quality testing needed for raw material, in-process, finished goods, stability, and cleaning validation analysis. RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Perform efficient/reliable/high quality analytical testing in accordance with USP/NF/EP/JP/FCC/etc. or customer supplied guidelines. Typical testing may include Dissolution, Titration, Polarimetry, Loss on Drying, Viscosity, Residue on Ignition, Heavy Metal Content, FTIR, HPLC, and GC, etc.
- Maintain accurate written records of all analysis performed.
- Accurately interpret and effectively communicate analytical results and issues.
- Schedule daily tasks in an organized and efficient manner.
- General knowledge of the use and operation of basic laboratory equipment.
- Calibrate and maintain lab equipment and instrumentation.
- Responsible for operating in a safe manner, must be familiar with basic laboratory and chemical hygiene practices
- Become proficient in standard operating procedures and test methods.
- Ability to work in a flow to the work team environment.
- In combination with other lab personnel, be responsible for a clean and safe work environment.
- Perform peer review of analytical testing and write up.
- Write SOPs on an as needed basis
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.