Quality Engineer II
195 McDermott Road North Haven, CT 06473 US
What are the top 3 things you are looking for in a candidates experience:
- Validation (IQ, OQ, PQ)
- Corrective Action / Preventive Action (CAPA)
- Support of manufacturing process
Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or technical field
Years’ Experience Required: 2-5 (if a good candidate with less experience is identified I don’t have an issue changing the role to a Quality Engineer I)
Will the contractor be working 40 hours a week? If not, weekly estimate? 40 hours
Work Location: North Haven, CT
Do they need to be local to any MDT office and if so where? Yes, North Haven site (60 Middletown Ave, North Haven, CT 06473)
Does this person need to be on site? If so, full time or part time? On site full time
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- On site support of daily manufacturing operations including troubleshooting of equipment, investigation of defects, and validation of equipment/processes.
- Develops, modifies, applies and maintains quality standards and protocol for processing materials into partially finished or finished materials product.
- Collaborates with engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place.
- Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment.
- Designs or specifies inspection and testing mechanisms and equipment; conducts quality assurance tests; and performs statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications.
- Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements.
- May specialize in the areas of design, incoming material, production control, product evaluation and reliability, inventory control and/or research and development as they apply to product or process quality.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Bachelors degree required
Nice to Have
- Experience working in a fast paced Manufacturing environment
- Validation Experience (IQ, OQ, TMV, PQ)
- CAPA (Corrective Action / Preventive Action) Experience
- Familiarity with Minitab Statistical Software
- Six Sigma Training
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.