Quality Operations Tech
1080 US Highway 202 South Somerville, NJ 08876 US
Target Pay Rate: 22/hr **salary will be commensurate with experience
Please note: this job position WILL NOT BE a primary laboratory position, they will be supporting the labs and lab activities and performing required tasks as per applicable procedures for supporting testing activities. They will be working with supplies and inventory needs, performing cleaning activities and other lab supporting tasks.
Responsible for routine Quality Control testing, familiar with basic scientific principles, and able to work in a regulated environment. Possesses initiative and a strong commitment to excellence in a fast paced and growing organization.
Job requirements will include ability to perform in the aseptic environment. Wear personal protective equipment, such as eye, foot, lab coat, mask, gowning coveralls.
- Follows departmental work instructions, SOPs, OSHA safety regulations and cGMPs to perform assigned tasks. Conducts testing/laboratory experiments utilizing established and published procedures or batch records and technical and theoretical understanding while managing schedules and workflow to accomplish assigned objectives or schedules.
- Assumes responsibility for the accuracy, quality, and timeliness of testing activities. Summarizes batch or experimental results, and reviews conclusions with supervisor/project leader. Communicates results of experiments. Keeps supervisor/project leader informed of work status, particularly of significant findings and results in critical problem areas.
- Monitor and oversee lab supply inventory, generate expense purchase requisitions, if applicable, input production data and other work-output data into appropriate network (e.g. SAP / LIMS) and maintain documentation in accordance with established procedures.
- Duties may include handling of hazardous materials. Depending upon area of assignment or primary focus, may perform various manufacturing and testing duties in addition to maintaining departmental stock rooms, log books, preparing buffers as needed/required which may also include, performing direct manufacturing activities such as bulk formulation, filling, sub-assembly and sample testing.
- Interface with internal groups to assure laboratory equipment maintenance, calibration and documents conform with established practices.
- Attends required training classes and participates in on-the-job training.
- Manages schedules, workload and establishes priorities using inputs from business requirements, SAP, and/or internal customer needs.
- Provides input for improving existing laboratory procedures. Assist supervisor in development and implementation of new procedures and evaluating new products and equipment. Assist with generation of written standard operating procedures.
High School Diploma Required.
Candidate not required to have a science background.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.