R&D Technician II
1401 N. Sheridan (A3) North Chicago, IL 60644 US
Target PR Range: 19-21/hr
*Depending one experience
The Global Compound Logistics and Operations organization (GCLO) within manages the inventory, dispersal and logistics of biological and chemical entities used by Discovery and Development scientists for all aspects of drug discovery.
This position would be directly responsible for the weighing and solvating of R&D small molecule compounds for both order fulfilment and inventory management purposes. Expected to be proficient at maintaining a high level of concentration and attention to detail while performing repetitive tasks.
• High output massing of compounds on precision balance equipment (REQUIRED)
• Solvating and plating of research materials using automated liquid handlers
• Receiving and stocking of laboratory supplies (Minimal)
• Disposal of laboratory waste products (minimal)
• BS in scientific field (chemistry or biology preferred)
• Ability to prioritize effectively and multi-task within an environment of shifting deadlines and demands
• Familiarity with laboratory techniques and practices
• Attention to detail is critical
• Able to work independently and within a team setting
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.