Libertyville, IL 60048 US
The successful candidate plays an integral role, working with Research and Development Scientists and Engineers, in the integration of new technologies, methods and/or processes. The successful candidate will be capable of utilizing the incumbent’s materials knowledge to conduct material and product testing, basic analysis of test data and technology development initiatives, and suggest innovative ways to meet the needs of their R&D team.
- Performs prescribed laboratory tests using clearly established protocols; this would include developing fixturing/framing solutions for the materials to be tested
- Assists in the development of new testing methodologies and protocols
- Prepares samples & prototypes
- Creates and maintains effective and accurate records
- Writes test plans and protocols
- Assumes project leadership roles as needed
- Assists in the orientation and training of less experienced Technicians
- Meets on-going training requirements related to such things as procedures and equipment use and maintenance
- Addresses & identifies inefficiencies and roadblocks
- Suggests alternative ways to meet their work needs
- Completes departmental equipment maintenance checklists
- Other duties as assigned
- 2 year Associates Degree or Trade Certification (or equivalent experience)
- 4 yrs of related experience
- Demonstrates working knowledge of technologies and processes used by the technical function
- Implements portions of scientific investigation, methodology, and procedures used by the technical function
- Strong communication skills, both orally and technical writing skills
- Demonstrates a functional understanding of experimental design
- Identifies servicing requirements and failure modes of equipment
- Effectively uses information technology systems to generate relevant output and communicate results
- Identifies the salient issues in a problem
- Possesses rote problem solving ability with some analytic ability and understanding of basic statistics
- Good working knowledge of medical device quality & regulatory systems and medical device directives.
- Knowledge of handling chemicals and hazardous materials.
- Working knowledge of the MS Office Suite, including Excel.
- Talking, walking, vision, hearing, fine motor skills, writing, lifting up to 30 lbs (occasional), and pushing.
- Some but not all aspects of this job could be modified to accommodate the physical abilities of a handicapped associate
Our Total Rewards package in aggregate is above market and includes competitive pay, generous paid time off programs, peer-to-peer recognition, health and life insurance, wellness programs and incentives, generous retirement savings, and a unique Benefit of Employee Share Ownership Program (BESOP).
Pay Range 50-60k
Salary will be commensurate with experience
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.