R-D Engineer II
195 McDermott Road North Haven, CT 06473 US
- Understand communication protocols, such as serial communication, Ethercat, I2C, Ethernet, related to data transmission and connectivity within a robot system.
- Understand the electrical and electronic systems including power distribution, position and force sensors, actuators, controllers, and other electronic components.
- Understand the Linux OS and programming languages relevant to robot control software.
Bachelor's degree or above in in a technical discipline, e.g. Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical, Software
Years’ Experience Required:
2 years minimum
As a R&D Engineer II, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather information and data related to reported failures. You will perform detailed failure analyses by utilizing investigative techniques such as the "Cause Map" or Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) to uncover underlying issues. Your role also involves analyzing trends in reported failures to identify potential areas of improvement. Collaborating with product owners and design teams to integrate reliability enhancements and effectively communicating investigation outcomes to stakeholders and affected customers will be key aspects of your responsibilities.
- Conduct in-depth failure analysis to identify root causes and contributing factors
- Analyze trends in reported failures to identify areas of improvement
- Categorize and prioritize customer complaints for investigation
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather relevant data and insights
- Collaborate with product owners and design teams to enhance product reliability
- Communicate investigation results to stakeholders and customers
- Participate in regular team meetings to share insights and contribute to improvement strategies
- A Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree with minimum 2 years of relevant experience
- Degree shall be in a technical discipline, e.g. Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical, Software or Mechanical Engineering)
- Background in robotics and mechatronics
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to conduct in-depth root cause analysis using log data in complex robotic system
- Passion for continuous improvement in process, troubleshooting techniques and root cause investigation methodology, such as “cause map”
- Experience with integrating hardware and software in complex robotic system
- Experience with data analysis and trend identification
- Excellent written and verbal communication, problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to lead or work effectively with cross-functional teams
Nice to have:
- Experience with Medical Product verification and FDA guidance
- Work experience in highly regulated industries such as medical or military
- Experience in developing automation scripts to analyze test data
- Familiarity with statistical analysis and modeling techniques
- Knowledgeable of Linux OS, Matlab, Python
- Ability to work with QA to ensure system integration procedures meet Quality and Regulatory needs
- Ability to manage, track and upgrade multiple hardware and software configurations
- Ability to collaborate with other engineering disciplines to drive resolution of issues
- Experience with product design and improvement initiatives
- Knowledge of industry best practices for reliability and performance engineering
- Previous experience in triage or issue categorization processes
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.