RMS Biospecimen Acquisition and Management Biorepository Technician
4300 Hacienda Drive Pleasanton, CA 94588 US
Position, Location and Scope
The Biorepository Technician will facilitate the daily operation of the Biorepository for Biospecimen Acquisition and Management (BAM). Daily responsibilities include but are not limited to: inventory management, processing, distribution, storage, and disposition of biological materials in compliance with local regulatory requirements, Quality, Business, and Industry best practices/standards.
This position will be based at RMS in Pleasanton, California (Onsite).
- Works under general supervision to deliver simple, efficient solutions in preparation and receipt of shipments, verification, processing, storage, retrieval and distribution of samples, and management of sample collection materials and laboratory supplies.
- Maintains end-to-end traceability of all biological materials and associated data sets handled.
- Maintains an audit-ready, validated work environment, such as laboratory, equipment and databases, in accordance with established procedures.
- Adheres to departmental work instructions, Standard Operating Procedures, OSHA safety regulations and Good Laboratory Practices to perform assigned tasks while handling hazardous biological materials (BSL-2).
- Understands business processes and proposes simple solutions for process optimization.
Position Requirements & Experience
- HS diploma or GED and certificate (e.g. Lab Tech, EMT) required; AA or higher degree with biological science coursework preferred
- Experience in handling human biological materials a must
- Experience working with databases in a biobank/biorepository desired
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Google suite
- Able to lift objects up to 30 lbs, and to work in a BSL-2 laboratory environment
Personal Characteristics & Cultural Fit
- Passionate about the importance of biological material traceability in the product development cycle
- Results and goal oriented; organized, adaptable and meticulous
- Able to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment with efficiency
**salary will be commensurate with experience**
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.