Reliability Test Technicians
25212 West Illinois Route 120 Round Lk Bch, IL 60073 US
This position is primarily responsible for the electrical, mechanical, and environmental testing and evaluation of new and existing test equipment and tools. Will be required to build test stands, set-up, perform and monitor testing activities. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Testing products in the Reliability Test Lab to test requirements specified by System and Reliability Engineering.
- Taking direction from the Reliability Engineers, Lab Supervisor and Test Engineers on safe working procedures, use of equipment, recording of test data, and monitoring of results.
- Performing all tests as directed by the Reliability Engineers, Lab Supervisor and Test Engineers. Providing accurate and timely documented results. Communicating test results to appropriate engineering personnel.
- Performing destructive testing or test to failure and demonstration testing activities as part of the product development process.
- Verifying and validating proposed and/or implemented changes to existing products. Performing specified tests of competitive products as part of the new product development process.
- Participating with product failure analysis collaboratively with project engineers, including the suggestion of product design improvements based on observation and test results.
- Setting up a variety of electrical, mechanical and/or electronic equipment to include environmental chambers, Life Test equipment, Product Specific test equipment, Mechanical gauges and Electrical/Electronic meters.
- Designing and documenting testing configurations and setup. Creating test reports that document test results.
- Technical knowledge must be based on at least 6 years of testing, lab or related experience
- Understanding of electromechanical systems and ability to recognize mechanical, electrical or system abnormalities
- Experience testing to verify compliance with environmental requirements (shock, vibration, thermal, humidity, electromagnetic, etc.)
- Hands-on instrumentation and data acquisition experience, and knowledge of LabView, PLC, Ladder Logic, and Micro-controllers
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and have verbal, writing and organizational skills to maintain all records and provide data to project engineers, managers and support problem resolution
- Strong background with measurement test equipment
- Working knowledge of pneumatics
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and schematics
- Working knowledge of mechanical gauging and instruments to include micrometers, calipers, force gages, dial indicators and hardness testers is necessary
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs.
3 - 9 years of related experience
Associates Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Technology desired
target pay: 45-48/hr
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.