Remote Analytic Package Developer
1 Astellas Way Northbrook, IL 60062 US
Pay 60-85/h depending on experience
Purpose & Scope:
The Analytic Package Developer will be responsible for providing programming and analytic support for the development of modular programs that answer disease, health, and value questions across the company. These modules will be integrated into a larger platform of data sourced from real world data sources. The desired insights will impact decision making and our ability to deliver maximal value to patients.
This individual will:
- Assist in the identification and evaluation of potential data sources to fill gaps
- Work as member of cross-functional team to scope out analyses to address key questions
- Develop programs that execute analyses on a common data platform for quick, reliable information on patient populations in the US and globally.
- Ensure that analyses are statistically valid and appropriately planned and executed;
- Deliver prototypes of new analytical methods, dashboards, and tools that enable efficiencies
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Support team members in the development of analytic modules as requested
- Contribute to tool planning and design
- Conduct exploratory data analyses of data sources to assess fit for purpose; incorporate into disease-specific data tables to support integrated analyses.
- Implement analyses and studies, defining endpoints, executing protocols with data programming, conducting statistical analyses using primarily R and SQL
- Deliver innovative prototypes involving new methods, visualizations, integrations, and customizations that enable democratization of data, knowledge, and insights throughout the company
The Analytic Package Developer supports the use of Real World Data to address key discovery and development questions across the life cycle of development. Work may focus on characterizing the epidemiology of disease, standard of care, heterogeneity in patient population, healthcare costs, and societal and patient burdens.
Organizational Context: The Analytic Package Developer reports directly to the Director of RWD I&S as a contract employee. They will collaborate closely with a cross-functional team across functions and geographies that is tasked with developing tools to facilitate the generation of reliable patient population information.
- 3+ years of relevant experience Experienced programmer in R and SQL
- Experience rapidly innovating and delivering software prototypes meeting customer requirements
- Familiar with cloud computing working environments
- Consistent track record of developing and executing analyses with various types of patient-level RWD data sources including large clinical registries, insurance claims, electronic medical records, laboratory results, genetic markers, gene expression data, mutation data, and potential digital assets that may be derived from biobank specimens
- Familiar with reproducible research practices like version control and literate programming
- Experience working on project teams and managing projects within a matrix environment
- Excellent organizational, people, project and time management skills
- Solid oral, written, and presentation communication skills (e.g. able to clearly communicate statistical and epidemiological issues and methods to statisticians and non-statisticians)
- Advanced degree
- Work experience in support of biopharmaceutical R&D activities
- Experienced in the development and publication of R Shiny applications
- Experience working with the OMOP Common Data Model
- Experience with other statistical programs and programming languages
- Working knowledge of common databases and repositories in the US, Europe, and Asia such as insurance claims, EMR, registries, and omics.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.