Remote BIRA-ISS System Specialist
Northbrook, IL 60062 US
- This position will be responsible for coordinating and managing the data model, including configuration of the system in support of the data model, as well as the configuration of features and functionality (in partnership with IT and managed services team) from implementation through to decommissioning for assigned clinical and/or operational system(s), including system integration processes for assigned system(s). This particular position will support the existing Planisware application (Planisware Enterprise).
- Additional responsibilities include the operational support for users on challenges they encounter that cannot be addressed by SMEs in the function, as well as responsibility for processes, e.g., data exchange with other applications, scheduling, monitoring, troubleshooting of issues etc.
- The position will also be responsible for the intake and assessment of requests from the user community, capturing business requirements, developing of business design for solutions, overseeing change requests and establishing testing plans, developing test scripts and execution of pre-testing and official testing activities.
- This position will provide this support for the enterprise planning and resource management tool Helix (Planisware).
- The position will work through collaborative partnerships with M&D Strategy & Operations operational strategists, functional stakeholders, IS and the support team of the SaaS solution vendor
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Providing day-to-day operational support to the user community in matters related to management of meta-data and configuration, as well as ad hoc reporting requests of the Planisware solution.
- Supporting release work for the application (enhancements and fixes of defects; requirements, solution design, testing) as well as support for integrations (optimization), in some cases in partnership with colleagues from IS/IT, system support teams from solution providers (level 2 configuration), in other cases directly responsible for configuration changes (level 1 configuration); this work will be done partnering with business SMEs to ensure the solution meets business requirements, under the guidance of the Director for Information and System Strategy
- Partnering with appropriate IS, quality and business functions to manage documentation and test strategies related to implementation of system enhancements.
• Education BA/BS.
- • Previous experience (minimum 1 year) in the development, deployment, and/or maintenance of the Planisware Enterprise solution, including L1/ level 1 configuration experience is required. L2 configuration experience for the Planisware solution is a plus, but not required.
- • Experience (minimum 2 years) with business analysis type work, e.g., gathering and documentation of requirements, development of test scripts, execution of test scripts is required.
- • Minimum 3 years in the pharmaceutical industry and/or management consulting group focused on R&D or clinical operations, with minimum 2 years in the drug development setting.
- • Demonstrated knowledge of the global drug development process to ensure cross-functional connections and operational data model are appropriately and effectively communicated across the organization.
- • Experience in use of enterprise-wide pharmaceutical project management software solutions, including skills in critical path analysis.
- • Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills in English, with an ability to interact at all levels of personnel.
- • Strong and effective strategic thinker and problem solver with high degree of emotional intelligence, with the ability to both recognize and anticipate problems.
- • Demonstrated ability to translate solutions into viable action plans at a global level that are effectively disseminated and implemented through cooperation of stakeholders.
- • Demonstrated ability to effectively build business relationships and influence without authority as part of a matrix organization.
- • Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple projects efficiently.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.