Remote HR Data Analyst Expert
1 Astellas Way Northbrook, IL 60062 US
- The HR Data Analyst enables HR to provide world class HR services across key focus areas and meet the strategic objective of “data-driven HR”; Data Analytics, Insights and HR business intelligence
- The role is crucial in providing an advisory service and guidance to management, and various other stakeholders, regarding HR insights and metrics that is intuitive for business
- The position is responsible for providing data driven insights and analytics across the business to aid effective decision making
- The position will report to the HR Data Analytics Lead and will work closely with HR Data Governance, Reporting & Analytics team and other HR Operations teams, across the broader HR function and directly with the business
? Accountable for gathering requirements for analytics and insights from business users, designing the data models and visualizations, documenting functional specifications, and working with support vendor teams and creating insight driven dashboards and analytics
? Research and recommend key performance indicators to help identify business opportunities and take insight driven global actions
? Accountable for projects and analyses around HR insights and metrics (e.g., employee demographics, turnover trends, performance and potential, other internal and external benchmarks)
? Provide HR Reporting, Analytics, Insights, Workforce Trends, Automation and recommendations for HR and business groups
? Deliver predictive modeling, machine learning and business process automation using best of breed predictive analytics and AI platforms
? Deliver Business Intelligence to drive actionable business decisions to executive leadership drawing from multiple systems such as core HR master data, talent modules, learning, payroll, time and other global HR data sources
? Create and generate ongoing metric dashboards and detailed reports that include relevant analysis and insights
? Accountable for partnering with Information Systems team and HR Operations Service Delivery Teams, to ensure any amendments to requirements / processes are delivered
? Promote overall data quality and assist in managing the company’s HR data; collaborate within HR Operations team to report issues and take through to resolution
? With limited direction, conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis on People data and proactively come up with recommendations for visualizations that are relevant and meaningful
? Provide reporting and analytics to business leaders, HR business partners, line managers and the broader HR function to support decision making
? Work with business owners and internal leads to identify opportunities for process and/or data improvements
? Continuously look for opportunities to improve existing analytics and apply best practices and industry standards
Ways of working:
? Working in a global virtual team
? Work supportively and collaboratively with other teams
? Build relationships and trust with key stakeholders
? Seek opportunities to grow services provided by HR Operations
? Strive for consistency in the provision of services provided by HR Operations
? Encourage a growth mind-set across HR Operations to develop greater depth of capability
- Acts to support a culture where everything is done to enhance value to patients. Intentional about meeting/exceeding customer expectations.
- Proactively seeks feedback to improve service provision.
- Understands how personal/team objectives contribute to the company’s strategy and functional goals.
- Balances ‘bigger picture’ goals and operational requirements, overcoming challenges/barriers to delivery.
- Identifies improvements and generates new ideas, methods or solutions. Positively embraces change.
- Continuous improvement approach; takes personal ownership to improve ways of working and leverage/share best practice.
- Ability to work autonomously and make evidence-based decisions: judgement to know when to seek guidance or escalate
- Methodical with ability to prioritise and meet deadlines. Tenacious to follow up and resolve outstanding matters and explore options.
- Excellent attention to detail and financial awareness (raise/process/track Purchase Orders etc.)
- IT literate (Intermediate stage) to type/ create and edit reports, trackers etc. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and eLearning and online systems (e.g. LMS, ZINC, TMF etc. databases). Intranet and web.
- Good written and verbal communications including ability to prepare updates, summaries, emails to employees and managements.
- Collaborates: values others views and perspective. Able to challenge respectfully and propose alternative solutions.
- Proactively shares knowledge, and adapts approach to build consensus and respect diverse views and cultures.
- Proactively shares knowledge and best practice and encourages others to develop.
- Learns from own/others experience and proactively seeks to develop personal capability.
- Regularly seeks feedback on personal contribution and growth areas.
- Takes personal ownership and acts as a role model of ethics and compliance treating everyone with respect.
- Provides honest, constructive and timely feedback. Seeks feedback on own contribution and ways of working
- Intermediate to Advanced HR analytics skills within a global business environment, requirement gathering and analysis, insights, workforce trends, data interpretation and dashboarding
- Minimum of 6 months experience working on SAP Embedded People Analytics Stories functionality
- Expertise in developing data models and visualizations to support the needs of a global HR organization
- Experience with assessing business objectives, conducting gap analysis of existing vs. needed capability and identifying business requirements
- Knowledge of HR metrics and their applicability, and experience with designing user-friendly, intuitive and interactive data visualizations
- Strong desire to learn tools and techniques required to perform tasks like building data pipelines, data visualization, dashboarding, and report writing
- Familiar with HR data and processes and understanding of employee lifecycle
- Efficient at communicating and coordinating initiatives across functional and technical boundaries
- Experience in delivering predictive analytics (such as Pecan AI) or similar platforms
- Knowledge of Churn processes and principles to develop a preventive/predictive model
- Working knowledge of SuccessFactors core and talent modules, learning management, NGA and Kronos applications
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.