Remote Sales & Marketing - Technical Writer
8200 Coral Sea Street Northeast Saint Paul, MN 55112 US
11.28.23 Opening for 2nd offer candidate to be updated. No new resumes needed. Thank you!
Pay 28-43/h depending on experience
Top 3 things the Manager is looking for:
- Technical writing experience
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage complex tasks and competing priorities
- Collaborating with others
- Providing writing expertise and collaborating with cross-functional project teams to develop the content of the manuals
- Managing Tech Comm project deliverables (including manuals, reports, product lifecycle system deliverables) and meeting project deadlines
- Take direction to be able to work independently and make sound decisions
This position is responsible for planning, research, and technical writing support for medical device industry product labeling within CVG Technical Communication.
• Exceptional writing and communication skills.
• Write clear, simple content that speaks to customers in their own language.
• Collaborate openly and effectively with a range of stakeholders, including writers and subject matter experts.
• Manage multiple projects and communicate status proactively.
• Successfully negotiate project schedules, plans, and milestones.
• Understand how regulations, laws, and standards influence content design.
• Understand the impact of localization on English content.
• Maintain design documentation to support quality and regulatory process requirements.
• Effectively communicate the appropriate level of detail based on the audience.
• Take direction to be able to work independently and make sound decisions.
• Express ideas clearly and diplomatically.
• Give and receive constructive feedback.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
Requires practical knowledge and demonstrated competence within job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. Requires a University Degree and minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
• Technical writing experience
• Experience working with cross-functional project teams
• Knowledge of software technologies used for writing, publishing, and document control
Bachelor's degree in technical communication, writing/composition, or similar
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
• 3+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree
• 2+ years of related experience with a Master’s degree (Master's degree in technical communication preferred)
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Authoring in XML in a single-source content development environment
• Ability to work effectively across disciplines to implement creative solutions to complex problems
• Experience creating content for software or apps
• Proven experience managing software documentation projects
• Ability to learn and adapt to changes in technology, processes, and requirements
• Writing for a global audience
• Knowledge of company products and quality system
• Understanding of product labeling development in a regulated industry
• Understand industry trends in technical communication, information architecture, and content development
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.