Cambridge, MA 02139 US
1. Independently perform multiple assigned routine assays requiring cell culture, immunoassay, RNA/DNA isolation and PCR. Complete timely analysis, documentation and review of data and procedural records on Electronic Laboratory Notebooks and LIMS.
2. Opportunity for cross functional collaboration for the optimization of analytical methods, with guidance from supervisor.
3. Recognize problems with assay runs, notify senior team members and stakeholders, perform root cause analysis, and propose solutions.
1. Routinely perform cell culture, plaque assays, immunoassay, RNA/DNA isolation and PCR on a weekly basis with strict adherence to SOPs based on test schedule.
2. Write, maintain and review accurate, complete and timely data and documentation in Electronic Laboratory Notebooks and LIMS.
3. Ensure timely turnaround of results to requesting teams and ensure integrity of data reported.
4. May assist in developing methods to improve existing techniques and/or efficiencies.
5. Equitable participation in daily lab housekeeping, restocking of lab reagents and supplies, cleaning of incubators and BSCs, and routine freezer defrosting.
6. Support preparation of SOPs, technical reports, summaries, protocols, and quantitative analyses for distribution and/or presentation to project teams and for inclusion in project reports.
7. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
1. BS Degree in Biology, Life Sciences or Medical Technology and at least 4 years laboratory experience or Vocational certifications with at least 6 years laboratory experience.
2. Possess working knowledge in cell biology or molecular biology.
3. Possess a combination of education and experience to work independently and help solve problems with instrument operation.
4. Experience in aseptic techniques and cell culture required.
5. Experience with plaque assays, ELISA-based assays, molecular assays, assay automation highly desirable.
6. Familiarity with working within fast paced, Quality Control laboratories highly desirable.
7. Be well organized and detail oriented, effectively prioritize multiple tasks, self-motivated, consistently demonstrate reliability and responsibility, able to work under pressure and strict timelines.
8. Interact cooperatively and effectively with others in a team environment and able to communicate effectively.
9. Possess advanced word processing, data entry, data presentation and analysis computer skills.
10. Comply with Takeda safety practices and standard operating procedures.
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.).
- Typical laboratory bending, stooping, lifting requirements apply.
- Lifting and moving supplies and equipment (up to 25 pounds).
- No travel requirements expected.
Salary will be commensurate with experience
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.