Research Associate, Medicinal Chemistry
700 Saginaw Drive Redwood City, CA 94063 US
We are a clinical-stage precision oncology company focused on developing novel targeted therapies to inhibit high-value frontier targets in RAS-addicted cancers. The company’s R&D pipeline comprises RAS(ON) Inhibitors designed to suppress diverse oncogenic variants of RAS proteins, and RAS Companion Inhibitors for use in combination treatment strategies. As a new member of the team, you will join other outstanding scientists in a tireless commitment to patients with cancers harboring mutations in the RAS signaling pathway.
As a key member of the Medicinal Chemistry team, you will be part of an integrated, multidisciplinary research team making significant contributions toward the discovery of important new drug candidates. Your responsibilities will include:
- Synthesizing biologically active compounds, including the design and execution of the synthetic routes, purification of final compounds, and participating in analog design.
- Planning and executing assigned experiments to support research activities and project goals.
- Recommending experimental alternatives, researching new methods and techniques from the literature and proactively seeking out other team members to identify solutions to challenges.
- Presenting research findings to the Medicinal Chemistry team and management.
- Partnering in scientific activities with other outstanding medicinal chemists and creating an environment where all ideas are heard.
- Upholding the core values at the company
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- B.S. degree in Chemistry with 0-2 years of research experience in the chemical industry, or an M.S. in Chemistry with 0-1 years of research experience in the chemical industry; a focus on organic synthesis, the total synthesis of natural products, and/or methodology development is required.
- Experience in designing, executing and troubleshooting synthetic procedures and synthesis routes is required.
- Experience with organic synthesis analytical techniques (NMR, HPLC, mass spectrometry) is highly preferred.
- A strong mechanistic understanding of organic chemistry is highly preferred.
- Experience with synthetic planning databases (i.e. SciFinder and Reaxys) is preferred.
- Exhibits strong written and verbal communication skills to work with cross-functional teams beyond chemistry.
- Possesses a high attention to detail and the ability to multi-task, to be efficient and well-organized, and to work collaboratively as a team player with a passion for science.
- Adaptive to a fast-paced interdisciplinary environment with a strong desire to further develop synthetic and medicinal chemistry skills and to strengthen future career prospects in the pharmaceutical industry or academia.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.