Research Associate, Process Development Engineering
50 Northern Avenue, Boston, MA 02210 Boston, MA 02210 US
Seeking a motivated and talented individual to support nucleic acid process development. This role will contribute to defining a manufacturing platform in support of our gene therapy programs. The successful candidate will support mRNA production/purification capabilities and/or the Lipid nanoparticle (LNP) formulation processes that meet the needs of our patients and product.
· Support the development of a robust and scalable mRNA synthesis process.
· Support mRNA purification methods including chromatography, TFF, and other types of bioprocess filtration to support process development activities.
· Contribute to LNP formulation screening/optimization studies to develop a scalable LNP formulation process for mRNA delivery.
· Conduct and document experiments and prepare lab reports.
· Analyze and interpret experimental results and present them at cross-functional meetings.
· Collaborate within departmental teams, support deliverables, and participate in team discussions on issue resolution.
· BS in chemical or biomedical engineering, pharmaceutical sciences, biochemistry, or related discipline with 1-4 years of academic or industry experience.
· Relevant experience and knowledge in vitro transcription, lipid delivery systems, microfluidic-based formulations, and related technologies.
· Applies statistical principles to guide process optimization.
· Experience working in aseptic techniques.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong organizational skills, high attention to detail, and ability to work in a collaborative, cross-functional environment.
Hourly Pay Rate $28-$33
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.