Research Associate, Vector Engineering - Level 1 (1-2 Years)
Cambridge, MA 02114 US
The candidate will support advancement of innovative AAV-based therapeutics by using a variety of research methods including protein biochemistry, mammalian cell culture, standard molecular biology techniques and cell-based assays.
· Work as part of a dynamic team to generate and characterize novel AAV gene therapy viral vectors and recombinant proteins
· Work with the protein engineering team to develop methods and conduct research involving novel protein construct design and production
· Establish, execute, and analyze cell-based and protein-based in vitro experiments
· Prepare, write, and present technical data and reports
· Work as part of a cross-functional team to drive innovation
· B.S. or equivalent in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Virology or related discipline with a minimum of 1 year of relevant experience
· Familiarity with biochemical methods, such as construct design, resin and fplc based protein purification, and western blotting
· Strong mammalian cell culture experience is preferred
· Experience with design, documentation and execution of experiments
· Must be detail oriented, well organized, and have strong communication skills
· Independently motivated with strong problem-solving skills
· Ability to be highly productive in a fluid and fast-paced work environment
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.