Research Associate - II
Oceanside Oceanside, CA 92056 US
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
Under general supervision, develops and validates bioassays to support biological drug development.
- Plans and executes assigned experiments that support Process Development activities and project goals.
- Proactively seeks out senior personnel to discuss potential solutions to problems.
- Participates in group meetings to share test results.
- Demonstrates ability to recognize anomalous and inconsistent results and interpret experimental outcomes.
- Develops skills in data analysis and ability to evaluate quality of data.
- Operates scientific equipment (Plate reader and Softmax software for ELISA, cell culture techniques), selects appropriate methods and techniques to perform experiments, and prepare related reports
- Plans and organizes details of experiments with guidance.
- Demonstrates good verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills to provide insight into the processes used to achieve results of assigned tasks.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced and highly collaborative working environment.
- Must have basic understanding of ELISA and cell based assays.
- Responsible for data analysis using SoftMax Pro software and graphic display of data using Excel and Power Point presentation formats.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills: 2+ years of experience with BS degree in a relevant scientific discipline. 1+ years of experience with MS degree in a relevant scientific discipline.
Academic Level: BSc or MSc
Duration: ongoing Temp - extensions reviewed every 6 months
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.