Research Associate / Senior RA, Structural Biology
100 Talcott Ave Watertown, MA 02472 US
- Design, build and modify potential therapeutic reagents using advanced molecular biology techniques.
- Assemble potential therapeutic reagents into plasmids or other vectors by performing molecular cloning protocols including Gibson assembly, Golden Gate reactions and site directed mutagenesis etc.
- Perform molecular biology assays and techniques, including PCR, gel electrophoresis, plasmid minipreps etc.
- Perform protein isolation and purification from E coli using a variety of standard techniques, including affinity, IEX and size exclusion chromatography.
- Participate and present data in project team meetings.
- B. S. or M. S. in biochemistry, biology, biomedical engineer or similar
- 0-3+ years of industry or academic experience
- Experience with DNA design and assembly
- Experience with protein expression and purification in E coli
- Must be able to prioritize and manage a high volume, demanding, fast-paced environment
- Must be organized, self-motivated, proactive, works well under pressure and deadlines, detail oriented
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to interact with internal and external contacts at all levels of management including Executives and Senior Management
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.