Research Associate Support Resource
100 Kimball Way San Francisco, CA 94080 US
The primary purpose of the Research Associate is to support in vivo pharmacology activities by performing immunological assays and cell culture and analyzing data. This individual will work primarily in a laboratory setting to advance CAR adoptive cell therapy programs for treatment of cancer.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Utilizes established techniques in cell culture, cell biology and immunology to generate and analyze data in an accurate and reproducible manner.
- Collects and processes rodent blood samples and performs various in vitro and ex-vivo cytokine and immune cell assays
- Performs immunophenotyping of cell subsets using flow cytometry
- Routinely feeds, passages, expands and freezes multiple adherent and suspension cell lines for in vivo studies
- Maintains accurate record keeping in laboratory notebooks and appropriate databases in a timely manner.
- Experienced in multi-color flow cytometry techniques, ELISA and aseptic tissue culture
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills
- Ability to analyze data and write concise reports
- Will require attention to detail and a dedicated work ethic
- Industry work or internship experience, especially in CAR-T cell or immuno-oncology field
- Proficiency in data analysis software (e.g. FlowJo, GraphPad)
- Familiarity with one or more of the following techniques: ELISA/ELISPOT/Luminex
- Familiarity with PBMC isolation from blood products, cell separation techniques
- Small animal handling experience
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.