Research Associate I/II
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080 US
The Microchemistry, Proteomics, Lipidomics (MPL) and Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) Department is seeking a curiosity-driven Research Associate with a background in biochemistry, molecular biology and/or proteomics. The successful candidate will support projects within the immunopeptidomics group in MPL to drive discovery and technology development efforts.
In this hands-on role, the candidate will participate in highly collaborative projects that focus on understanding proteome and immunopeptidome changes in cancer biology using mass Spectrometry (MS)-based workflows. The position is suited for those who enjoy working both independently and collaboratively to support projects related to cancer immunology. The successful candidate is expected to combine cell biological and biochemical techniques to study peptide presentation on Major Histocompatibility Complexes (MHC). They will also contribute to publications arising from these projects.
- Can be recent graduate as long as they have lots of hands on lab work during undergrad.
- Also open to someone with a Masters or 3-5 years of experience.
- A PhD candidate will most likely be overqualified.
- Experience with cell culture techniques
- Experience in cell-based techniques like immunoprecipitation, FACS etc
- Experience with automation is a plus
- Passion for learning new technologies including liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry systems (Thermo, Bruker) and automation
- Experience with proteomic workflows is a plus
- Keen observation skills to catch errors
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- You have a M.Sc. in Biochemistry/Molecular Biology or other relevant field, or a B.Sc. degree with 1+ years of experience and strong computational skills
Pay Rate Range: $30-$40/hr. Salary will be commensurate with experience
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.